*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044878-Some-follow-ups
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#1044878 added February 15, 2023 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Some follow-ups
I went to a celebration of life last Saturday for a nephew of my late husband's. They have a huge family and I struggled to remember names. Of course, many of them I had never seen. It was held in a little town named Chiefland about 40 some miles west of me, around a 45 minute drive mostly on country back roads. And it rained...all day. But my daughter drove so not so bad for me and she is an excellent driver. The event was held in a Baptist Church and there were numerous re-tellings of childhood or poppy tall tales. Three of his sisters came from Oregon and Indiana and all of them started their talk with "I was the favorite child." And then commenced to tell tales on all the others including the dearly departed brother. It was the funniest celebration of life I've ever been to.

I did not go to the book launch...too tired from Saturday...but I heard it was great. It was a collaborative effort between husband and wife, both of them artists, and involved special food dishes they had shared throughout their marriage. I've never seen a book like this before. Held at the Thomas Center, round tables with white cloths were provided for guests who were tempted with culinary delights. Wish I had felt like going.

And my friend who had the fall in January let me know she would be in a rehab hospital for a couple of weeks, trying to get back to the way she was before. I plan to visit soon. It's not too far from me but in a high traffic area so I will need to plan my timing.

The little doggie I was painting (Snowball) went out in today's mail. Hope my friend likes it. You can see it here  .

© Copyright 2023 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044878-Some-follow-ups