*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045328-Dover-Delaware
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1045328 added February 22, 2023 at 8:16am
Restrictions: None
Dover, Delaware
Locale: Dover, Delaware

Week of: 2/13/23}

         This past week I was in Dover, Delaware delivering one of our Networking classes..  I was in Dover 13 years ago, but remember very little about being there, so going again was nice.

         This class has changed quite a bit in the last two months, but the hands-on activities are the only thing changed.  So far.  Overall the class went well, but there was one sticking point in configuring the new Juniper router.  New to us, not new to the industry.  In one of the hands-on activities, a file is copied to a USB drive, then copied to the router.  This is not something they will need to do most likely.  Whty would they not do this activity?  Because they will use Secure File Transfer (SSH), and a software program called WinSCP..  The same file can be transferred this way, but it's done via drag-n -drop.  I explained that to them, but since we were unable to accomplish the USB file transfer, a couple of them gave me less than favorable grades in their critiques.  That's  fine, I feel I should be able to do all the hands-on activities almost blindfolded, so I deserve those marks.  The only problem is, I need time to work on the hands-on activities for this class, but will not be able to do that until mid-April! 

         In case any of you are interested, here is my updated schedule through April.  I am currently in St. Augustine Florida on that much needed 2 weeks of vacation.  I have delivered classes for 6 weeks straight, and worked with another instructor the week of 1/2, so I've not had a break since New Years.  I could use one, but if push came to shove, I could deliver a class this week.  But... I did schedule this vacation.  *Smile*

Week of 2/20 - VACATION
Week of 2/27 - VACATION
Week of 3/6 - Los Angeles
Week of 3/13 - Savannah, Georgia
Week of 3/20 - Schaumburg, Illinois
Week of 3/27 - Kentucky
Week of 4/3 - Schaumburg, Illinois
Week of 4/10 - Work from home
Week of 4/17 - Kentucky
Week of 4/24 - Kentucky


In Closing


         My next trip will be back to Los Angeles in two weeks.  Until my next entry stay safe, be good, be healthy, and take care of those you love!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045328-Dover-Delaware