*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045901-Two-Weeks-of-Vacation
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1045901 added March 7, 2023 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Two Weeks of Vacation!
Locale: St. Augustine, Florida

Week of: 2/20 & 2/27/23}

         I spent the past two weeks vacationing in St. Augustine, Florida.  Okay, it wasn't two weeks, it was more like a week, with travel to & from St. Augustine thrown in.  We could have stayed longer, but I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday 3/1.  Oh wait, it wasn't a doctor appointment in his office, it was by phone!  We could have stayed longer in the warm weather!

         It was a good time though, I managed to decompress from work, I walked about 3 miles a day, learned that Buddy, our young Akita loves the ocean, and dined at many nice restaurants throughout the week.  We had rented an Air BnB for this period, located across the street from the beach too.  *Smile*  There were a couple of things about the house that didn't make sense to me.  There was a back yard, but the only access was outside, there was no door that led to the yard.  The lock on the door was numbers, then you had to turn the lock handle clockwise.  Except the directions for the lock said counter-clockwise.  Of course the directions also said to just press the Schlage button and the door would lock.  Another lie error in the directions.  Still, those were minor inconveniences overall.

         We decided to dine out every night instead of cooking in the house..  Why?  Seafood of course!  There was one night that we didn't have seafood though.  Her sister and brother-in-law were less than a quarter of a mile away in their motorhome, and wanted to prepare dinner one night.  It was a good night with them, and in some ways, a highlight of the trip!  But where did we dine?

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Commander's Shellfish Camp  This place doesn't have a website, but they are on Facebook,  I'd say they serve the best Smoked Fish Dip I've had in a while.  Then again, I seem to find this appetizer only in Florida so that might explain it.  Still, it was the best we had while there.  If you click the Facebook link, it does take you to a photo of their menu.  https://www.facebook.com/thecommandersshellfishcamp

         St. Augustine Fish House & OysterCompany   https://www.stafishhouse.com/uploads/1/2/3/5/123596711/st_augustine_fish_house.p...   Okay, this place had the second best Smoked Fish Dip, it was excellent, but there was something about the Commander's Fish Dip that made it just a little better.  Their Shrimp & Grits was outstanding in my eyes.

         Elkhouse Eatery  }https://www.elkhouse-eatery.com/menu  This was a very small restaurant with good food.  Sadly, most of us (her sister and brother-in-law joined us) did not order well.  Their Shrimp & Grits was average at best.  Only Marty really enjoyed his meal.  He's not big on Seafood, so he had their Bone-In Heritage Pork Chop and loved it.  The food was good overall, but not fantastic.  It would be worth a return visit just to sample something different though.


         All three restaurants are worth another visit should I have the chance to return., for business or pleasure.

In Closing


         Next week I will be in Los Angeles again, delivering a Networking class.  I'm still open to meeting one night, I know Friday nights are not good for many of you, so any night will work.  If not, it's okay, we'll all live.  Until my next entry stay safe, be good, be healthy, and take care of those you love!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045901-Two-Weeks-of-Vacation