*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045502-The-6-best-tips-ABOUT-writing
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2289399
Here you'll get lots of tips, motivation and experience to finally write your novel
#1045502 added February 25, 2023 at 5:49am
Restrictions: None
The 6 best tips ABOUT writing
These tips are NOT for writing better, but for writing healthy and happy and keeping it reasonably organized.

KEEP IT ALL!

You're about to delete that one story because you've improved? Stop.

Save it for yourself. It may well be that (a) the idea is good and can be "reused," (b) you just need to revise the story so it shines in its full glory, or (c) it's just nice to reminisce about the writing process as you read it.

You'll regret putting it out.

Whether the story is half a novel or a short story, keep it!

GET UP EARLY

This may not be the tip for morning grouches, but it's definitely the first tip that allowed me to set my goals much higher and write a novel in 3 months (first draft).

Just get up an hour or two earlier and write.

BUT: sleep is important!
I would recommend getting up an hour earlier and going to sleep an hour earlier so you can start the day well-rested!

POMODORO - ON TO THE TOMATOES

Here's how you do the pomodoro technique:
- 25 minutes of writing
- 5 minutes break
- Write for 25 minutes
- 5 minutes break
- 25 minutes of writing
- 35 minutes break

I would definitely exercise during the longer break. This brings us to the next tip.

YOGA, JOGGING, WHATEVER: EXERCISE IS IMPORTANT

The title is fairly self-explanatory: exercise is important. Period.

Go for a walk, do yoga, go for a jog, go for a swim. Whatever.

Scientists have proven that just 10 minutes of exercise a day can prevent various diseases. Maybe you too would be willing to take the challenge of at least two hours of exercise a week (sure, 10*7=70, but if you don't exercise every day, you need more a week)?

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR NEEDS

Even if you are writing a lot, you need to eat, drink, sleep and exercise enough (see previous point).

Therefore, try to eat healthy, sleep at least 8 hours a day and exercise every day.

But all this is not healthy without...

BALANCE - FUN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

... Fun!

Be happy and do everything for it!

I assume that writing is fun for you. But if you don't feel like it at all right now, give yourself a break and do something you enjoy!

© Copyright 2023 Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog (UN: idaschreibt357 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045502-The-6-best-tips-ABOUT-writing