*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046680-Savannah-Georgia
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1046680 added March 18, 2023 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
Savannah, Georgia
Locale: Savannah, Georgia

Week of: 3/13/2023

         I just realized today that I've spent the last 4 weeks in warm weather!  I was on a very relaxing vacation in St. Augustine Florida.  We really spent just a week there between driving there and back, and going to Panama City Beach for a few days after.  We came home, and I left for Los Angeles.  After a whopping 14 hours at home, I left for Savannah, Georgia for a week.  So four week of warm(er) weather, only to come home last night, with snow on the ground this morning!  Brrrrr. 

         The class this week was the same one I delivered in LA last week.  Once again, I found myself delivering a Networking class the week after my manager and good friend, Alejandro.  He is a tough man to follow the following week.  First, the two classes back-to-back have similarities which can make the first day tough.  Second, I  consider myself to be very smart.  Alejandro is a genius and I'm nothing more than class 'sit in the corner dummy' compared to him.  I kid a little there, we aren't that far apart intellect wise, but still... he is a tough instructor to follow.  He has far more system experience than I do, that helps him a lot.

         Overall the class went well, with just a few glitches in completing the hands-on exercises, plus I was able to answer every question thrown at me, and could show them their error in the hands-on exercises when one occurred.  The students requested we end the class by noon on Friday (normal for us really), since some of them had long drives after class.  All were from around Georgia and northern Florida, so those drives couldn't have been that long.  I managed to get to the Jacksonville Airport in time to relax most of the afternoon before leaving for home about 6:45.  I arrived home about 10:309 last night, and have been tired most of the day.

         Savannah is a nice town, smaller than Bloomington where I live.  I was warned by my students that Friday ,St. Patrick's Day would be quite the party, I could see it during the week as the city population seemed to grow each day.  It's an interesting town though, with a lot to offer tourists.  I spent some time on River Street walking around some, enjoying the weather, and people watching.  There are many fine restaurants to dine at, so where did I dine last week?

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         The Ordinary Pub  https://www.theordinarypub.com/menu/dinner-menu/  While the food was very good, I think my expectations were not met.  Expectations in the way of anticipating what the meal should be, look like, and taste.  The meal met all of them except look.  I enjoyed their Gumbo & Grits, but for me the Grits were too stiff, more like cake type Grits than what I'm used to.  Plus, again in my opinion here, there wasn't enough Gumbo.  It was more a heaping pile of Grits with a little Gumbo around it.  I was expecting the Grits to be a bit more 'soupy', with Gumbo over them.  That's what happens when you enter a place with expectations.  The appetizer was their Korean Meatballs (Lamb, beef, & pork meatballs over chili garlic fried cabbage, Korean bbq sauce, sesame seeds, & scallions)  Those were excellent!

         Six Pence Pub  https://sixpencepub.com/files/2023/01/Six-Pence-Pub-Menu-Savannah-For-Website.pd...  KI love dining at both British restaurants, as well as Mediterranean Restaurants.  This place did not disappoint me one bit.  My appetizer was their Smoke Salmon, which was really excellent.  If you're at a British Pub, you 'have to have' Bangers & Mash', so I did.,  Wow! 


         The Shrimp Factory  }https://www.theshrimpfactory.com/menus/#/entrees  I love Shrimp prepared in almost any form the house chooses.  This place had Peel-n-Eat Shrimp.  I had them at Indian Pass Florida, and wanted to have theirs.  I was glad I did, it was a half pound of Shrimp, steamed with herbs and spices, served with cocktail sauce and drawn butter.  I also enjoyed their Shrimp & Crab Au Gratin Casserole.  I'm not sure what was expecting, but it wasn't what I ordered.  Once again, expectations for the better of me.  It was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I expected.  Still, if in Savannah again, I'd return here for dinner.

In Closing


         Next week will find me in Schaumburg Illinois for a 'resident class.  It's a place I'm all too familiar with, but it will be fun.  We'll see how that trip goes.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write{!/size}


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1046680-Savannah-Georgia