*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047187-Schaumburg
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1047187 added March 30, 2023 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Schaumburg
Locale: Schaumburg, Illinois

Week of: 3/20/2023

         I spent last week in familiar haunts, delivering a resident class at our Training Headquarters.  Okay, it's not really a headquarters, but it might as well be.  It's my home port, the location I officially work at, even if remotely.  And once again, itr was a Networking class.  I'm getting tired of those.  *Laugh*  I'm not used to this, delivering the same class 3 weeks in a row!  Oh well, the pay is still the same, as are the hours.  I shouldn't complain.

         I will confess that this class was a little tough to deliver.  Not that I didn't know the material or how to deliver it.  It was the hands on activities that seemed tough, which is normally my strong point.  No excuse at all, but I hadn't delivered t his particular course in just 6 months, so the hand-on activities should have gone smooth.  I know what I need to do, and there isn't room on my schedule to get it done.  I need to either sit in the class to refresh myself, or get the equipment together and do the labs myself.  Maybe both.  I will have to find a way to do possibly both.  Getting the equipment is easy.  Sitting in a class is not easy at all because I'm booked through the end of October?  There is a break in my schedule in early August, but is this class being delivered that week?  That's the big question.

         The highlight of the week was seeing Mindy at Emmett's Brew Pub.  She was a manager there when I left, and left herself about a month or two later.  She's an excellent manager, I know she was missed.  Why she left isn't important here, she left, that's all that needs to be said.  Now she's back, I was thrilled to see her!  I'm hoping that when I'm in Schaumburg again next week that I can talk to her, and hopefully Earnest.  The three of us share a birthday!


In Closing


         Next week will find me in Frankfort, Kentucky for a week,  It's a location I will be at three weeks later, as well as the following week.  Until my next entry, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write{!/size}


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047187-Schaumburg