*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049315-Six-Minus-Two-Plus-Thirty-one-Equals-Thirty-Seven
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1049315 added May 6, 2023 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Six Minus Two Plus Thirty-one Equals Thirty-Seven
Six Minus Two
Plus Thirty-one
Equals Thirty-Seven


It wasn’t quite a normal Saturday. Usually, on Saturdays, I have about nine and a half hours to work on my writing. The rest of my twelve-hour shift consists of working. With nine and a half hours, you would think that I would get a lot of writing done during that time. Normally, I do, but not earlier today.

The first half of the shift was fairly normal. I got twenty-two single paragraphs written in that timeframe. That’s sixteen numeric paragraphs and five Establishing Shots. Well, that’s not exactly true. I only got three Establishing Shots, but I consider the other two kinds of Establishing Shots. They are the normal length paragraphs, but they are linked to the one between them.

What does that mean? It means that the one in the middle is a flashback, and the one before and after it links it to the present. Does that make sense? It’s still kind of confusing to me, and I’m the one writing this blog entry. That’s the only way that I can explain it right now. Maybe I will do better in the future.

That’s what happened in the first half of my shift. I got twenty-two single paragraphs written for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. seventeen to end Act One, and five to start Act Two. The first Act included fifteen numeric single paragraphs and the two sort of Establishing Shots paragraphs. As for Act Two, three of the five were for Establishing Shots.

I’m not sure what happened during the second half of my shift earlier today. It did get a little busy there. Normally, it does during that time of day, but today it was a little bit more busy than it usually is. Not in how many workers showed up there, but how they did it that slowed me down in my writing.

With the second half of my shift, I have about five hours to devote to my writing. So, why did I only get fifteen more single paragraphs written during that time? One of them is an Establishing Shot. That’s a good question. Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer to that question. Because I don’t know why I didn’t get more written during those five hours.

True, what happened at work slowed me down a little bit, but it didn’t slow me down that much. At least I don’t think that it did. It wasn’t a lack of sleep either or how I was feeling. So, why didn’t I get more written earlier today at work during the last half of my shift? That’s one question that I may never answer.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049315-Six-Minus-Two-Plus-Thirty-one-Equals-Thirty-Seven