*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049980-Double-Vision
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2223922
A tentative blog to test the temperature.
#1049980 added May 22, 2023 at 4:12pm
Restrictions: None
Double Vision
Double Vision

Been thinking about entering a contest that allows two entries. I’m having enough difficulty coming up with new ideas at the moment, so writing two stories hadn’t really entered my head. If I could just think of one, that would be enough for me.

And then, in the wee hours of this morning, I had an idea. As I lay there working on it, I realised that it could be two ideas. Writing a story from different points of view has been done before but it never attracted me. Why double my workload, after all?

But this story was crying out for it. There were two protagonists and they had quite different takes on the story. Not only that, but their versions, when taken together, revealed yet another layer of meaning. The brain was really racing now and I knew there was no possibility of further sleep that night. I rose and went to the computer.

Now it’s done, both stories have been individually gift-wrapped and fired at the contest, and I’m fairly pleased with the result. Not that I’m going to advertise the stories with a link here. This post is much more to encourage others to try the multiple point of view tale. It’s actually quite fun and does wonders for the feeding of the portfolio. Plus you get more than one piece from a single story.

It’s every Gemini’s motto: Two for the price of One!



Word count: 239

© Copyright 2023 Beholden (UN: beholden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beholden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049980-Double-Vision