*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050627-At-Home
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1050627 added June 5, 2023 at 7:44pm
Restrictions: None
At Home
Locale: Bloomington Illinois

Week of: 5/15/2023 thur 5/29/2023 

         The week of 5/15 I was scheduled to go to Brooklyn, NY for a class.  As fate would have it, that never happened.  Why?  Well, my last entry was about being in Queens NY the prior week.  I got home Friday night, and Saturday morning we headed to Indiana to get our young Akita in a 'FastCat' run.  This is a timed 100 yard run to determine how fast he runs.  (about 22-23 mph as it turns out).  It's fun for him, he seems to love everything about it.  Well, that Saturday was also the day I started the next cycle of my Chemo drug.  This drug is to have several side effects, some of them could be severe.  You know, Heart Attack, Stroke, and many other less severe.  It was one of those less severe side effects that hit me.  A side effect I'd never experienced before in the two years I've been taking that medicine.  I spare you the details, but know that it left me dehydrated, and very weak/disoriented.  I slept almost the entire 4 hour ride home on Sunday.  I was scheduled to fly to NYC on Monday, but had already warned my manager about what was going on.  We talked Sunday, and he decided I wasn't traveling.  That was a good thing, because I was in no shape to do much.  I ended up sleeping most of that drive as I mentioned, all night Sunday night, and napped as needed the next couple of days.  It wasn't until Wednesday that I started feeling like myself.  I found that an Electrolyte Solution worked well to help me recover.  Electrolyte Solution = Adult Pedialyte.

         When I wasn't sleeping I worked on course materials and studied courses I might qualify to deliver.  The class I couldn't deliver has now been moved to July, on my schedule still.  It has to be on my schedule, I'm the lone qualified instructor.  The following week was a scheduled off week, so I kept working on the things I'd been working on the previous week.  The third week was Memorial Day week, and I  came to Schaumburg to finally connect a small device to the repeaters on the system I maintain.  Except that never happened.  One of our adjunct (contractor instructors) was there preparing for his delivery this week.  Part of it involved hands-on activities on a radio site.  This instructor is a good friend of mine, a former Motorolan now working as a contractor.  The help he needed I have knowledge of, so I worked with him all week instead of manufacturing the cables I intended to make.  I felt it was more important to help him gain the knowledge needed for this delivery than manufacturing those cables.  Why?  Because the cables are for a portion of a course we have yet to deliver in Schaumburg, even though that equipment has been installed for seven years or so.  The cables can wait.  Him learning this stuff cannot.


In Closing


         The week of 6 /5 (right now really), I will be in Schaumburg the following week for a resident class.  The following week I will be in Queens NY again, then Wyoming.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell




© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050627-At-Home