*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050992-Schaumburg-Illinois
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1050992 added June 12, 2023 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
Schaumburg, Illinois
Locale: Schaumburg, Illinois

Week of: 6/5/2023

         I spent last week in Schaumburg delivering what we call a resident class.  In this case, it was a class I've delivered for 22 years now.  I can deliver it blindfolded and one hand tied behind my back.  The class was excellent, the students involved in discussions every day, everything I could hope for in a class like this.  It's a class that covers  basic RF theory, with 10 different subjects discussed throughout the week.  I've tried to get other instructors interested in delivering it, but have had little luck in that regard.  It's okay, I like this class, but we need other qualified because I know I won't be around forever.

         One of my students was in my GTR class in April, it was nice seeing him again.  He did tell me that after that April class, he found out that one of his sisters had a very aggressive form of Cancer.  Forgive me, I don't recall what type it was, but for some reason Ovarian Cancer sticks in my mind.  When she received the news, she just gave up on life in general, and died just over a month later!  I know I've mentioned this before, but something I learned over 40 years ago is, Never Give Up!  In this case, it wasn't life and death, I was trying to qualify as a Radiological Controls Shift Supervisor.  It  was an oral board, and I was doing well.  Then came the casualty that everyone gets during their board, and still, I was doing well.  Then they threw a twist in the scenario, and I actually said, "Well, since I screwed up the immediate actions and everything after that, I guess you're going to fail me."  That was the anchor that sank me.  They told me afterwards that the only reason they failed me was that I gave up.  That was the only time I've heard that, because I've never given up on anything since then.  End rant.


In Closing


         The week of 6 /12 I will be in Queens NY for a second class with the customer I delivered a class to in May.  That too should go very well since it's a subject, and device that I've taught for 12-13 years now.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell




© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050992-Schaumburg-Illinois