*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
4
10
11
12
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050954-My-old-friend-Sue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1050954 added June 11, 2023 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
My old friend Sue
Sunday
6/11/2023
6;00 PM

Today was the day. Yesterday was going to be the day. I have a girlfriend I met forty-three years ago. For reasons that no longer matter, we lost touch. Yesterday I thought of her when I was working on an entry in my autobiography. We had taken a vacation together flying from San Francisco to Newark, NJ. We spent ten days kind of, sort of, but not really following an itinerary. She had never been out of the state of California. I was longing to just see my childhood home, walk along the brook, and stop at Rudy's Pizzeria for a slice of pizza. We did more things than expected. We added Washington DC, the shore, and a day trip to Pennsylvania. Friends in PA had a kitten ready to be given away. She was orange and selected me as her fur mommy. I will have to write a story about that trip.

In any case, yesterday I called a couple of phone numbers but did not reach Sue. The first number reached a recording saying the subscriber is not accepting incoming calls. The second was a man who was very understanding about my calling the wrong number.

This afternoon I thought I would call a number for her I had in an old address book. She answered after it rang for a long time. We talked for an hour. We found ourselves each completing the sentence of the other. Just like old times. We think we are twins separated at birth. She is very well and will be traveling to England with one of her granddaughters in August.

The lesson for today is not to lose touch with friends, if you can help it. I was miffed at something she did or said and stopped calling her. It was always me calling her which was irritating. I would call and her stock response was, "Oh, tracker, I was just going to call you".

I am glad we talked and reconnected. She said we need to keep in touch. I told her I knew how to do that. I just needed to call her when she was just thinking about calling me.

tracker

© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050954-My-old-friend-Sue