*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052681-What-is-Wrong-With
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052681 added July 16, 2023 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
What is Wrong With...?


What is wrong with people? Sometimes, they are hard to understand. The guy I wrote about in my last post, the one who responded to my ad and was supposed to come over for dinner yesterday. Didn't show up.

Last week he talked my ears off...constant texting just talking. He seemed like he needed someone willing to just listen. As I said before, he's divorced and from what he said it wasn't a great relationship to begin with. He's definitely bitter.

Yesterday he texted and talked up until an hour until he was supposed to be here. I finally had a break to focus on cooking!Well, an hour passed. Nothing. Two hours, I get a text saying he's lost. I sympathized. An hour past that he texted saying he gave up. I asked where he was...couldn't he use Google maps or mapquest?

That's when he decided to come clean and tell me the truth. He said he lives in some city in North Dakota!! Farling, I think he said. He said he answered my ad...he doesn't know why but then I seemed nice. He said he wasn't sure why he lied but he didn't want me to stop talking to him.

I told him he better be glad he's in a different state cos if I could get my hands on him I'd strangle his scrawny neck. He said he was sorry...he said and admitted what he did was stupid. I really wanted to clobber the guy. BUT...big but...I managed to control my temper...

Instead of telling him what I wanted to tell him, I told him it was OK. I told him everyone does stupid things at least once in their life and I believe he's really sorry. I asked him if he still wanted to talk and possibly be friends. He said he does,so I told him if he promises NOT to lie to me again, I'll forgive him and give him a second chance.

So that's where we stand. We'll see what happens. He's definitely a hurt, angry person. I think he lashes out and doesn't even know why. Maybe he just needs someone to be patient and understanding with him? Maybe this is all a weird game he's playing? Either way, he's a lost soul needing some light.

On a brighter note dinner was fantastic! I made creamy chicken enchiladas. The filling was a block of cream cheese mixed with fresh chopped cilantro, fajita seasoning, and chicken seasoning. Thin sliced red bell peppers and a thin sliced onion. I cooked the peppers and onions in a skillet until tended, then added the chicken thighs I cut into strips. Added minced garlic and a tablespoon of lime juice. When the veggies were soft I melted in the cream cheese mixed with seasoning. When it was well combined I removed from the heat.

Next I filled the tortillas with the mixture and put them in my baking dish. When it was full I poured two cans of Red enchilada sauce over the top, coverdd that with cheese and baked on 375 for 45 minutes. Served with a dollop of sour cream and a side dish of Spanish yellow rice.

That guy missed out on a delicious home cooked meal! I will definitely be making those again😋

🙄looks like I still have to find someone to do my nails. Here we go on round two of this issue!






** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052681-What-is-Wrong-With