*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052804-Boy-Did-I-Blow-It
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2299061
A new attempt to create a blog.
#1052804 added July 19, 2023 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
๐ŸŒ‹Boy Did I Blow It!


Oh boy, did I blow it big time. All my good intentions flew out the window and we all know what road is paved with good intentions. The past 24 hours I've been repeating "meek and mild" "be meek and mild" hoping against all odds I will reach the meek and mild state of mind.

The guy who answered my ad and lied to me...lied again! Does this person even know how to speak the truth? When we first talked he said has no family, just an elderly grandma. Come to find out he has a dad, A brother and a 16 yr old daughter! Why?? Why would anyone lie a out that? Then he asked if I'd like to see a picture. I said NO. He got offended and ranted a bit and I waited for him to calm down. But. At that point, if I was a cat, my tail would have been lashing back and forth.

Then he started talking about his pet snake and I politely listened. He asked if I'd like to see it. I said no...I don't like snakes. He sent the picture anyway and I completely forgot all my good intentions. It was not a reptile!

I know better than to respond when I'm boiling angry. I know I should definitely not write or send it. I definitely should not speak. Unfortunately I did not listen to myself! This is the message I sent back:

Since you lied and entered my life, you have tried comparing yourself to my husband and imply you'd be a much better choice. You claim to be stubborn. To have grit and determination. But you threw a hissy fit when told the word no.

My husband has grit, moxy and gumption. He's has stubborn as a North bound donkey headed south. He has the tenacity of a bull dog and when the crap hits the fan, when hounds of hell come snapping their jaws and Death comes knocking....he bites back ten times harder. He is a solid rock. You've tried to drive little serves between us and tried to get me to doubt him. But you are no thing like him. The qualities he has are not in you. The bond my husband and I have is unshakable, unbreakable and unstoppable. Now. Slither back to the pits where you came from. There are no good reasons for us to continue talking. Your mission has failed!



I'm ashamed of that letter now. I was mean and harsh. I feel I should apologize but I don't want him to think that's an open door to continue talking. There's no point talking to someone who constantly lies.

Advice would be appreciated. Do I need to apologize?



** Image ID #1665990 Unavailable **
signature i won from space blog

© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052804-Boy-Did-I-Blow-It