*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052822-Brooklyn-NY
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1052822 added July 19, 2023 at 8:00pm
Restrictions: None
Brooklyn, NY
Locale: Brooklyn, NY

Week of: 7/17/2023

         The week of 7/17 found me in Brooklyn, NY for a couple of days.  The class I delivered is not one I've delivered that many times.  However, I am one of the few people who know this small device well.  The customer is one I delivered 4 classes to in 2017.  Those classes didn't go all that well, mainly because instead of having other manufacturers deliver a class on their product, it was decided that I could do them all.  Oh well....

         This class went very well really, though at times it was hard to keep the students focused on the product (something called an MLC 8000).  Instead they asked a lot of questions about their system, how the MLC fit into the overall setup, generic topics like that.  This afternoon I finally had to tell everyone, and in particular one man (the one who asked the most questions about their system, who also asked questions that had nothing to do with the course material) that the topic was beyond the course requirements, and that the class was on the MLC, not everything else.  It could have gone bad at that point, but with a little explanation and a roundabout apology for not including that in the course, it was smoothed over.

         I am not a fan of large city's.  If I look around and all I can see are tall buildings and the sky, I know I'm where I really don't belong.  I prefer smaller cities/towns.  I'm not sure why, it's just me being me.  Don't get me wrong, I love visiting NYC and it's sdeven boroughs.  I just couldn't live here.  It's just not for Jim, that's all.
 

In Closing


         Next week I will be in a small town by the name of Los Angeles.  Yes, that LA.    The class will be a five day class.  I was going to be in Frederick Maryland the following week, but the customer wanted to delay the class since  their technicians would not support this equipment until much later.  You know the saying, "Use it, or Lose It."  Yeah, they would have lost the knowledge gained in the class.  The scheduling team contacted another customer who was going to receive a class in November about moving to the now free week, and they accepted the new dates.  So instead of being in Frederick Maryland, I will be in Yates County, NY.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell




© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052822-Brooklyn-NY