*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053605-Los-Angeles
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1053605 added August 3, 2023 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
Los Angeles
Locale: Los Angeles, Ca

Week of: 7/24/2023

         The week of 7/24 found me in Los Angeles for the third time this year.  The customer is the same one I've taught before, so I was able to see students from a previous class.  This always makes the class flow smoother because we all knew each other.  The one I didn't know was about my age, we got along well.

         The class flowed smoothly with only one issue that couldn't be corrected.  The week before the class our PM was informed that the system would be under going acceptance testing, and we wouldn't be able to use the spares we were going to use.  This meant that everything involving software was show-n-tell.  I arranged access to the Conventional System in our training lab located in Schaumburg.  We tried letting one of the students use the software, but that's harder than it sounds, and VERY slow.  It ended up with me doing all the software programming / demonstration, which as you can imagine is not the best way to teach a technical course.  We still made it work.  The thing is, I could have done this from home then.  Still, not a problem.

         I am not a fan of large city's. Thankfully this class, like all the others I've taught to this customer is not in downtown LA, it's out in one of the Eastern Suburbs.  Montebello.  It was still busy everywhere I went, but things could have been worse.  On Friday I decided to be a tourist and visited the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum.  After that my plan was to return the Rental Car, catch the shuttle bus to the LAX, then the hotel shuttle to the Hilton for the night.  Sometimes the best laid plans go awry.  The details of what happened is in "Note: I didn't post in [Link To Item #2177903] la...".  I will spend the next few weeks allowing the wounds from that mishap to heal.

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Crabby's Seafood & More          https://digitalmenunow.com/wp-content/uploads/menu-crabbys-2023.pdf          I've dined at several Mexican Restaurants in this area.  I have to say I think this one is best of them.  I intentionally ordered too much so I'd have leftovers for lunch the next day.  This worked out well for me, it was as good the next day as it was fresh.

         Next week I will be in a small town by the name of Penn Yan, NY.  The customer is Yates County, Penn Yan is the county seat.  This will be a bit of a challenge too, since the two people attending the class are not technicians.  The challenge will be delivering subjects that they need to know.  I realize that all my planning & modification of course materials will likely be out the window.  It will be a bit like having a prepared speech, only to throw it out once you get on stage.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell




© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053605-Los-Angeles