*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053678-Penn-Yan-NY
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1053678 added August 5, 2023 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Penn Yan, NY
Locale: Penn Yan, NY

Week of: 7/31/2023

         The week of 7/31 I was in the beautiful town of Penn Yan, New York.  I drove to this location because I love road trips, I love seeing the countryside.  Plus, Penn Yan is in the finger Lakes Region of NY state, there was bound to be some great scenery.  I wasn't disappointed either.  There were some beautiful areas to see, my hotel was on the north end of Keuka Lake.  Keuka is pronounced Q-Ka, I had to ask that questions.  *Smile*  The photo below is from the grounds of the hotel, my room had the same view, but on this morning it was full of raindrops, so being outside was about the only way to snap a photo like this.


         This class was a lot different from other classes I've delivered.  There were only 2 students, but these two were not technicians.  They were what I'd call an end-user.  Someone who uses a radio, or supervises a group of people using radios, but do no maintenance on the radios or system themselves.  Imagine you have to give a speech, maybe an acceptance speech for receiving an award.  You prepare the speech with note cards and such.  When you walk on stage though, a sudden gust of wind blows your cards from your hands and there's no hope of retrieving them.  That's a bit like this class was for me.  I had modified the slideshow and was ready for them, or so i thought.  During the first hour I realized that I was not ready to deliver what they wanted, and needed to learn.  I have the knowledge to do that for them, but the course materials were nothing close to that.  Fortunately we made it all work.  When I left they were quite happy with the course materials.


         Penn Yan is a very small community, when you enter the town limits, the sign says "Welcome to the Village Of Penn Yan".  Yeah, it is thar small.  There weren't many restaurant choices there, but I didn't go hungry.  As a matter of fact, I gain almost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks!  I am putting myself on a diet, intending to eat a lot less than I normally do, I can't go on like this.


Photo's From Visit:



View From My Hotel in Penn Yan NY


         Next week I will work from home before going to Schaumburg Illinois again.  A small difference in this class will be having a new instructor sit in the class.  Until next time, be good to those you love, spoil them, and write!



Jim Dorrell




© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053678-Penn-Yan-NY