*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053749-Twenty-one-weeks-already
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1053749 added August 13, 2023 at 2:05pm
Restrictions: None
Twenty-one weeks already.
Twenty-first Week of the Year 180.

(exercise) = Exor. (observations) = obsv. (s***,shave,shower) = ss&s. (read something) = read. (comment blogs) = bogs. (BoyLove series on-line) = ytBL. (Thai TV BL series on GMMTV25) = tv25. (write poetry or prose) = PorP. (take a daily walk) = walk. (buy something) = shop. (take a photo) = foto. (video) = วิดีโอ. (speak Thai/Lao) = pôod. (learn Thai) Thai. (go-into-the-water) = pool. (clothes) = wash. (cook something) = cook. (tidy up) = mess. (travel) = trip. (noon) = เที่ยง. (talking to ex-pats/travelers/strangers in European) = chat. (Thai teaching book) = book. (hand-written journal) = jour. (contests) = test.


13 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 13 كمال

*Checkr* ss&s.
*Checkr* foto.
*Checkr* วิดีโอ. Pan feeding fish and petting them.
*Checkr* shop. Fresh tilapia.
*Clock* เที่ยง. 88 sweaty degrees at 12:34. By noon Pan and I had gone out to eat rice and then stopped by the Chinese Cultural Center where Pan made merit, offerings and fed (and petted) the fish. Then the market. I returned tired and soaked from sweating.
*Checkr* PorP. "Lost in Luang Prabang 🇱🇦 A13 [93] 40w 'classic'
*Checkr* chat. with Pear at Surada. Rained! Temp came down to 77 degrees after the rains.
*Checkr* news. deSantis is going full-fledged fascist.
*Checkr* face. Put video of Pan and his fish ... but not the one I just ate.
*Checkr* bogs. NormaJean/Tracker
*Checkr* pool. Pan watched. I did a bit better with breathing but can't move well in the water.
*Checkr* exor. 300/200/200/300 = 1.000 It was cool after the rain. No problems. No bugs either. *Think*
*Checkr* Thai. Level/With-whom/relationship/Time&place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvoc5ovJc0

Late downpour with wind! Really blew things around! Cooler too. Sprinkles afterwards. It takes time from the clouds to wring themselves out.

12 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 12

It's becoming too much effort to just get up. It's already 84 degrees at 10:13. Two cups of coffee... I need to eat. Pan is up and about, has been to 7/11 and cooked. I'm listless.

Today is the Queen's birthday. It's designated as Mother's Day throughout Thailand.

Pan went to Nong Bua Lamphu today. Visited a waterfall.

*Checkv* ss&s.
*Checkv* PorP. " OnTheWayToŠiauliai 🇱🇻🇱🇹 A12 [92] 40w 'similar'
*Checkv* walk.
*Checkv* chat. David, Nan.
*Checkv* foto.
*Checkv* tv25. Only Friends #1 and part of Law of Attraction.
*Checkv* exor. 200/100/200/200 = 700. 86 (30) degrees at 22:00.
*Checkv* Thai. feelings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCvGjIMVZg
*Checkv* bogs. Scarlett/Mighty/Beholden
*Checkv* blog. "Scarlett, Mighty and Beholden

Disaster of a day.
85 degrees at 11 p.m.

11 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 11

Forecast:

Isolated thunderstorms
91°F° 33C
Precipitation: 30%
Humidity: 69%
Wind: 9 mph

It's already 83 or so degrees at 08:15. It never cooled over night. I'll need to be careful today (and change into cooler clothing) I cover up in bed because the a/c freezes me even when the fan is on a low setting.

*Checkb* woke. I got up.
*Checkb* exor. 300/100/200/300 = 900. Nine-ish. 82+ degrees. I felt weak and woozy.
*Checkb* ss&s.
*Checkb* bogs. SciFi/Harlow/Neil
*Checkb* เที่ยง. 86 degrees (30C)

To huser:spacefaction in "Biggest Mistake of Them All "I'm having issues with my LeNovo chromebook. The screen jumps around and even shifts or closes tabs. I lost about 300 words a couple days ago and I haven't gotten back to writing. At least, I remember the basic premise. I've considered writing everything by hand.

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the problem."


To huser:wolfgang in "Invalid Entry I am not much of a joiner. I'm part of a couple facebook groups including one of old WdC members. But I have always been contrary and most groups prefer non-boat-rockers.

One sees that here at WdC. Not a lot of critical thinking. Not as much creativity as one would expect. Nor as much expertise as one would hope. The level of experience? We have some new teenage members and those are to be encouraged; however, many groupies who won't venture outside of their circle of safety. I suspect some are literally afraid of going-to-hell if they interact with un-washed heathens.

I miss open-mics. I miss writing groups. I miss cafes. I'm not having any success in Thailand; but truthfully, Montana, post-covid, was dismal as well. The creative people went into their shells and didn't come back out.

To huser:neilfury (Neil) in "Another Step Forward...And Another...And Another. I remember when folks thought of houses as a home instead of an investment. But, I'm living in Olden Tymes.

I exorcised this morning as usual. Unfortunately, I felt weak and woozy. My way of handling that is to not overdo it. It's a few minutes before noon and I've managed to shower and eat. And... I don't feel a need to take a nap. Small victories still count.


*Checkb* PorP. "Red white and grey all over 🇵🇪 A11 [91] 40w 'reckon'
*Checkb* walk.
*Checkb* chat. With Pear, young Japanese guest and Rick. Rick re ex-pats who belly up to the bar: "This is their last train stop before Purgatory."
*Checkb* shop. coffee, Milo, dolly (fish). Ate the dolly for din-din.
*Checkb* foto. orchid.
*Checkb* face. posted pic and video of buffalo.
*Checkb* tv25. final "Be My Favorite"
*Checkb* ytBL. Enigma คน มนตร์ เวท | EP.3 REACTION
*Clock2* Midnight... 83 degrees. *Meh*

In "Salon" by Chauncey DeVega quotes Bessel A. van der Kolk's book "The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma"... "Being traumatized means continuing to organize your life as if the trauma were still going on—unchanged and immutable—as every new encounter or event is contaminated by the past.

"The greatest sources of our suffering are the lies we tell ourselves."


10 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 10

Today is "renew my visa" day. So... I did..

To Mr. Fill on the Newsfeed: My "Blood of the Garlic" characters are mostly named for garlic: Ajo, Bawang, Thoom, Sara Shoom, Czeszniak, Knyflok. Clovia? The rest of the cast: Brett, Bunny, Mr. Nightengale, Lily, Old Sniffer, Betty and the boss, Meadowlark. We vampires and wannabes mostly get along. There are so few of us... we hang by our fangs together. Many of the stories/vignettes that need editing are found here: "Blood of the Garlic.

Email to 💙 Carly: I read "A Needed Change. Are you the one stirring the pot with this story? ~ 296 words makes it flash fiction but it's more of a vignette or a first chapter than a short story.

I liked it because I sit in a condo on the 8th floor and can gaze at the clouds gathering. Just took a peak. They seem peaceful; but, one never can tell when a fist fight will break out in the heavens.

Thailand isn't heaven... just so you know; but Udon Thani is fairly peaceful and this 14 story condo (6 towers) is very quiet. In some ways it would work well for an urban get-away.

Pan just cooked. It's nice to have an 'assistant'.


Email to bob county: I just read "The Magic Medication Cap... Yep. Some folks vote for their vagina, others vote with their dick. At age 70+ I try to vote for a better future that I won't live long enough to see. As God is my witness... I'll vote for the betterment of humanity and the life that surrounds it and supports it.

PS: I do not try to control other people's innies or outties.

PPS: You capture some of the present cultural/political issues. Most people have just enough energy to live their daily life, with little to spare.


*Checko* ss&s.
*Checko* visa. Renewed until Sept. 9th.
*Checko* blog. "Setting like the sunset
*Checko* bogs. Carly/Glarg/MuzzyBob
*Checko* news. Maui... *Sad*. Stephen Miller *Angry*.

*Checko* ytBL. Started watching a reaction to Enigma ep. 3 with ENG subtitles. Helps.
*Checko* Thai. Very useful words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9aQYJIdKM
*Checko* walk. saw buffalos. petted one.
*Checko* foto. yellow waterlily. buffaloes.
*Checko* วิดีโอ. buffalo.
*Checko* chat. At Lotus in English and Thai. Croissants.
*Checko* pool. Pan watched. I didn't stay in long, short-of-breath.
*Checko* exor. 200/50/200/200 = 650. Problems coughing at #2. After 7 p.m. 88 degrees.
*Checko* PorP. "No smiles 🇪🇪 / 🇷🇺 A10 [90] 40w 'worst'
*Checko* rose. white.
*Checko* tv25. Home School.

9 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 9

*Checkg* exor. 300/200/200/300 = 1.000
*Checkg* bogs. Tracker/NormaJean/Grace
*Checkg* blog. "I do what I want when I can with what I have.
*Clock2* เที่ยง. 84 degrees. Sun and clouds.
*Checkg* ss&s.
*Checkg* walk. got a haircut.

*Checkgr* PorP. "Comiche 🇫🇷 A9 [89] 40w 'attaction'
*Checkgr* chat. Gene, David.
*Checkgr* tv25. Home School and part of Wedding Plan.
*Checkgr* shop. marked down goods at Lotus. Around 7 p.m. is the best time.

8 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 8

Dreary morning. Roar of the jets.

*Checkp* bogs. JCosmos/Patricia/Sara
*Checkp* blog. "Thai smiles ... or not... on a Pank Day.
*Clock2* เที่ยง. 84 degrees and a tad muggy.
*CheckP* exor. 200/100/200/300 = 800. Sprinkles and a stiff breeze.
*Checkp* ss&s.
*Checkp* PorP. "White Town 🇷🇸 [87] A8 40w 'tough' "Under a sky full of stars [180.88.zm] 8-lines
*Checkp* ytBL. Final episode of Home School. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcejvE3edAc
*Checkp* chat. Michel (From Germany. Happy because his divorce was finalized today.)
*Checkp* walk.
*Checkp* shop. Marked down pastries and coffee.
*Checkp* pool. Pan kept watch. 'Cold' water. Didn't stay in long.
*Checkp* tv25. The Jungle. There are two Nannons?
*Checkp* Thai. 10 Foods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkc5SxO8ZPY

What happens when the mayfly has one day to live... and it rains all day?

7 สิงหาคม 2566 - 180 كمال 7

Look... I got up. Some days that's enough. The struggle can be real. Even after coffee.

Note: 1 August – 19 August is the Baha'i month of Kamál (كمال) - Perfection, excellence, fullness, consummation, maturity. I'm feeling none of that... sorry.

It drizzled while I exorcised my ennui. Not much to observe. One stray mosquito, no butterflies or even flies! I suspect everything is waiting for the y } peak out. The damp clothes are b.e.a.r.l.y drying. I try to not provoke them.

Pan is up and functioning. Hiccups most of the night... I do appreciate his good mood. But, I'm listless. It's nice when we both have a good day... on the same day.

Ah... Thai and English. "Wing" is part of a bird. And I consider baht to have wings... especially the 20 green plastic note. The 50, 100, 500, 1.000 fold better. In Thai though วิ่ง [wing] means 'run'. Does money fly on wings or does it run?

*Checky* exor. 200/100/150/250 = 700. 81 degrees, 10:46-11:05. Drizzle. *Cloud*
*Clock* เที่ยง. 81°F 27°C; Humidity: 77%; Wind: 3 mph.
*Checky* PorP. "Bless your heart 🇧🇪 A7 [85] 40w 'nice'
*Checky* test. "Jacarandas

Pan left for friends. Who knows when/if he'll be back as he's disappeared before, especially when he's depressed or manic, and broken promises.

*Checky* walk. After 10 p.m. City looks very different when everything is closing down. Pan home before me.
*Checky* chat. David.
*Checky* ytBL. Home School ep. 17. There's hope, but still gruesome.

7721

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053749-Twenty-one-weeks-already