*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054315-The-use-of-AI-technology
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
#1054315 added August 19, 2023 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
The use of AI technology
So, recently a colleague of mine told me Google Bard released in Europe.
For me the most important part of that was that it was available in the Netherlands.

As it came to my attention the same time I was going start writing again I thought this was a good moment to try it out for my ideas, names and other inspirations for the story.

Now, with the release of the 4th chapter of my story I really see the helpfulness of AI in my writing.
Currently I am using it to come up with certain names for people, families, villages, towns, regions, religions, cities, area's, countries and on and on.

I even try to ask Bard things like "Give me a name and backstory for a town that is situated in a small bay where traders often come and go and where the climate is mostly warm and not much difference in the seasons".

This would give me a good starting point to base my own story on and I will or might not drop stuff from what Bard gives me.
It is highly inspirational and after hearing people say that AI will eventually take over all our jobs and hobbies..... I don't agree.
There is a sort of human element to not only stories but also the music production (which is my hobby) that AI just can't replicate.
There really currently no way for a computer to be as weird as we can be XD

Anyways, what do you think about using AI in whatever venture you are putting your heart in?
Do you despise it or do you bless it?

For me, I think if you use it to help, inspire and compliment your own vision of what you want to achieve, you should go for it.
But when using it to cheese the system, so to speak, that can or will be harmful.

So. What do you think?


© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054315-The-use-of-AI-technology