*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
26
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054662-And-the-Award-for-Most-Popular-Body-Part-Goes-To
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1054662 added August 26, 2023 at 7:25am
Restrictions: None
And the Award for Most Popular Body Part Goes To...
When I came up with the idea for this post, I wasn't thinking in terms of popular body parts we see on someone else that we know we like. However, in saying that, I do have to admit that I am an ass man (please, don't get mad or call me sexist...after all, I'm just a man). But, to clarify exactly what I am aiming for here, and at the same time, hopefully gain a reprieve for my somewhat misogynistic confession of liking certain ladies' bums, this post isn't about attraction at all, it's about functionality.

And so...without further adieu, welcome to the most popular body part awards ceremony. I'm your host, Dr. Gonzo and I'll be bringing you all your favourite body parts (and some you never even knew you liked). There will be those you can see in the mirror (or at the beach) and some others that play a less glamorous role in most of our lives, yet are important just the same. They play a less visual, but more supporting role, and just like on the stage and screen, there needs to be the stars of the show (faces, boobs, asses, legs, hair etc) and the mostly unloved co-stars (hearts, lungs, livers, kidneys, intestines etc).

The nominations for the most abused body part are...
The liver, for its role in cleaning our blood of all the crap we ingest.
The brain for its ability to make new neural pathways when we have destroyed the old ones.
The heart, for pumping away, even when clogged with fatty tissue that we don't care about...at least, until it doesn't.
And the winner is...folks, for the first time in the history of body part awards, we have a three-way tie...congrats to all three nominees for doing a stellar job, even if we don't deserve their commitment and dedication in keeping us alive.

And now, the award for the hardest working, yet least acknowledged body part...and the nominations are...
The spleen, for its role in fighting off infection.
The pituitary gland, for playing a small walk-on part in hormone production and for its role in helping produce the milk that feeds us in our infancy.
The cast of fifty sphincters, for their role in keeping things in and letting things out when we need it most.
And the winners are...the cast of fifty sphincters. I for one cannot think of a more deserving body part to win this award. I hope this helps shine a light on the plight of these mostly ignored and humble muscles, without which, we would all suffer extreme bloating until we eventually explode.

That wraps up another year of popular body part awards...I can see the times are a changin when the stars leave empty-handed and the quiet achievers get invited to the most glamorous of post-ceremony parties...see you all there.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054662-And-the-Award-for-Most-Popular-Body-Part-Goes-To