*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055005-Climate-Change
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1055005 added September 2, 2023 at 1:46am
Restrictions: None
Climate Change
FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2023 Quill Nominee 2023. CLOSED
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024


Prompt 2
The world is in turmoil. There are so many problems nowadays that it’s hard to be optimistic. Choose one crisis that bothers you and think about possible solutions or ways to deal with it.

As this prompt states, there are so many crisis in the world today. But has it been forever thus? Perhaps it is because it’s unavoidable these days to not think the world is on the brink of extinction. Turn on the television at any time of day and you’ll be faced with starving children, refugees drowned at sea while seeking asylum in other countries. There are fires, earthquakes and floods! Oh my goodness I’m feeling stressed already.

Have you ever been anywhere that is beyond the reach of news? It’s a fantastic feeling. You can breathe again, stress dissolves and although in your very soul you are aware awful events are still occurring, somewhere, you suddenly realise they are out of your control. There’s nothing you can do.

If I had to pick one crisis though, for the sake of this exercise, it would be climate change.
Wars? They have been happening since the first man crept out of his cave and decided he needed to protect what was his.
Diseases? We have never before lived so long, so I think we as mankind will continue the fight against illnesses, cancers and keep us all living way past our use by date.
No, I think Climate Change is the one enemy which may bring the planet Earth together in its fight for survival. We will learn to grow food in ways we as yet don’t know how. We will harness the power of the elements, wind and the sun, as never before.
We will build our homes differently, better to withstand winds and rainfall as yet never seen.
We must begin to cherish this earth of ours before it’s too late.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055005-Climate-Change