*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055246-More-lore-more-work
by cenvil
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2294440
A place to write down my thoughts and experience while learning about life and writing.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1055246 added September 6, 2023 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
More lore, more work


Hey all,
It has been a moment since I last posted here.
Main reason being life or just not giving me the time to sit down and write here.

But now that I put my self to it, lets get this going.
In the time that I have not posted I think I wrote 5 chapters of my story Celestial Retribution.
Apart from the fact I am amazed I got to chapter 10 and almost have chapter 11 done, there is something else developing in the background.

Ever since I started the story I wrote down the full history of the universe to give myself limits inside the story.
I have been thinking and naming the main characters that would join the MC's on their journey.
I thought about the locations when that would become relevant in the near future.
The short of it, is that I now have a pretty good foundation of what the red line of the story is and have certain plot points in mind that I will write to story to.

But as I have been writing what is going on I noticed that, at first, I could just write it and see where things go.
But now, with the upcoming chapter (11), I start introducing a new character. This means that unlike with the MC's, that I threw bits of myself in, I need to come up with a new personality. But not only that. More than ever, I need to be aware of where things are. Roads, buildings, rooms, etc, etc. And on top of that I need to be aware of the timeframes. How long does a walk from X to X take. That can be country to country in scale or inside cities from one building to the next.
I'm not even talking about trying to not cross roads when explaining how someone gets from one end to the other end of a city.
It would be awkward when first the a road leads straight through a city and later it it doesn't.
An example can be read in chapter 9.

But all in all it is fun to write it all and through not many have read it yet, I do share the story try to get people to read it how might enjoy a fantasy story.
But most of all, I am the one enjoying to write. Creating that completely new world. New laws, new people, flesh them out.

Is it weird to think about how much and in what way I can torture someone for their backstory?

Anyway I hope you guys will enjoy my book.
If you have any feedback, corrections or just want to speculate about the story or talk to me, You could join my discord at https://discord.gg/XpMFWEwqhH

Thanks for reading and till the next post.

Cheers


© Copyright 2023 cenvil (UN: cenvil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
cenvil has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055246-More-lore-more-work