*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055297-Favourite-TV-series
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1055297 added September 7, 2023 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Favourite TV series
FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2023 Quill Nominee 2023. CLOSED
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024

Last Prompt 7
Write a movie review of one of the last movies you watched, on television, online, or in the movie theatre. Make us want to see that movie!

The most recent series I watched was ‘The lost flowers of Alice Hart.’ It was streamed on Prime. I hadn’t read the book by Holly Ringland, although a friend has now lent it to me. Unfortunately the print was too small for my eyes so I have ordered it on Audible.
The story is an Australian one, the setting shows many of the wonderful flora we have here.
The producers cast Sigourney Weaver as one of the main characters, June.
I must say this surprised me as the story is an Australian classic and having an American play June just didn’t sit right with me. However she was fantastic in the part.
The main premise is that June runs a wildflower farm and a haven for women who have suffered domestic violence. Some parts are very hard to watch, especially the first episode when June’s son beats his wife and little girl.
The story is complex, unfolding slowly and the viewer needs to be patient until everything is unveiled at the end of the series. Everything becomes clear and one can breathe a sigh of relief at the ending.
The message is very topical with so many women suffering st the hands of men who profess to love them but really only wish to possess them.
The most interesting part of the series is the language of flowers. The women at the farm could speak without using words as they put bunches of flowers together which tell a story with their meanings.
I think this series would interest women more than men, it was probably written with women in mind. There is certainty a message for men there though, that women are not theirs to own. I’d give this a five out of five rating.

© Copyright 2023 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055297-Favourite-TV-series