*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055508-Blog-City-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1055508 added September 10, 2023 at 4:10pm
Restrictions: None
Blog City prompt
Blog City image small


Blog City Prompt
September 9, 2023

Prompt: “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Let this quote inspire your entry!

RAOK. First, a biographical story of human kindness is my short story "Burger and Fries"

On a personal level, human kindness was demonstrated in my home. At the very rudimentary level of having kind acts as an infant onward, I found out this was far from the norm. It was natural for us to help others with the essentials they needed. Christmas for me is contacting the Santa Claus project in New York City to fulfill the wishes of a family's wishes anonymously. What they request the most is warm jackets. My parents and grandparents were models of human kindness. They were of two prior generations. Grandma grew up with seventeen brothers and sisters and lived on a farm. Neighbors looked out for neighbors. As Americans, we are free to move around and be part of the problem or the crusader of the solution. Mr. Roosevelt lived with different local, state, national, and international concerns. The uncertainty of war and maniacal people in the world was an impetus for a free people to move onward and upward with kind acts.

People I interact with, of all ages, are discouraged. They speak endlessly about how it is a cold, cruel world. People don't help people. In fact, I see mean spirited people constantly on the news and in my real life. At the grassroots level, kindness is alive and well. Case in point. I was a bit out of sorts regarding the information I discussed with a member. I was not kind. The person was kind and gentle responding to my conversation with sensitivity. It isn't earth-shattering in the big picture. But, it sure made a difference in my day.

© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055508-Blog-City-prompt