*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055796-Thirty-Two-is-a-New-Record
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1055796 added September 15, 2023 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Thirty-Two is a New Record?
Thirty-Two is a New Record?


At least I think that thirty-two single paragraphs is a new record for a Friday. I may be wrong about this, but I don’t think that I am. If I had the time to check, I may be able to tell if I’m right about this record, but I don’t have the time to do that right now.

Whether it’s a new record or not, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that I got thirty-two single paragraphs written earlier today at work. How I did this, I don’t know. All that I do know is that I did do it. Under the circumstances, I’m kind of surprised that I did get that many written. What do I mean by this?

It means that I was feeling very tired earlier today at work. I got plenty of sleep the day before. So, it wasn’t a sleepy kind of tired. Then again, it may have been in a way. After all, I did have some trouble staying awake. I never fell asleep, but I felt like it a lot.

As a result, I did slow down slightly in my writing. Not even to stop me from writing thirty-two single paragraphs, but enough to stop me from getting more written. I know that’s a contradiction in terms. At least I think that’s what I mean. After all, I just wrote it didn’t matter how many I got written earlier today at work.

I also got seven and a half scenes written earlier today at work. The last two single paragraphs ended Act Three of Part One of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. that means the other thirty were for Act Four, but not all of them belonged to scenes.

What do I mean by that? It means that six of those single paragraphs were Establishing Shots. In a way, they are also scenes too, but then again, they aren’t. they are an introduction to a scene. That makes them part of that scene. So, in a way, they are part of the scene, but at the same time, they aren’t either. Does that make any sense?

The average scene is three single paragraphs. So, out of the twenty-four single paragraphs left that leaves three that were part of four single-paragraph scenes. I know that one of those scenes was Scene Five. The other two, I’m not so about. One I think I am sure about, but not the other.

At least one scene I have a mixed dialogue entry. That counts as two single paragraphs. Even though they are within a single paragraph. What does that mean? It means that two characters are talking at the same time, and they are separated by a “/” to separate the two characters. That’s why I consider them two single paragraphs.

I know I have used this form of dialogue before in this script, but I don’t think I was done in the last seven scenes. So, I’m not sure where the third four-paragraph scene came from. It was probably just a normal dialogue scene. They can end up with four single paragraphs too.








© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055796-Thirty-Two-is-a-New-Record