*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
4
10
11
12
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056096-This-too-may-not-pass
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1056096 added September 23, 2023 at 4:08am
Restrictions: None
This too may not pass
Saturday
September 23, 2023
1:04 AM

Blog City image small

Blog City Prompt: Let's use these words in our entry today: twenty-three, candles, allocation, seed, explain, meet, and descent. Have fun!

It is September twenty-three today. I walked into the kitchen to soft boil a couple of eggs. Sitting on the counter were two unopened packages of birthday candles. I looked at them wondering why they were there and who they were for. The packages' allocation totaled forty-eight. I turned around and walked back to my desk to retrieve my birthday list. The list had disappeared. In its place was a tiny mustard seed.

I carried the seed back to the kitchen and showed it to my daughter. I had given her a necklace with a tiny mustard seed in it when she was young. She recognized the seed I showed to her.

"Do I need to explain?" I asked.

"No, Mom, I remember".

I told her I strive to meet the needs of others. I fell short with a close friend a few weeks ago and made a plunging descent into the depths of despair. And that is where it stands as I write this.

tracker






© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056096-This-too-may-not-pass