*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058381-Last-blog-post-here-thanks-for-kindness-given-
Rated: ASR · Book · History · #2263536
Past Present and Future musings : my Big Nutty Spiritual life!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1058381 added October 31, 2023 at 7:46pm
Restrictions: None
Last blog post here thanks for kindness given 😊✍ïļ
Good afternoon my fellow readers! Hoping your Halloween 🎃 or Tuesday is going well. This will be my last post in this blog o mine! Because of a good kind soul, as I was writing about yesterday have decided to start a new blog. I will have to look to see when I even started this one LoL. So much has happened in my life and in our world since then.
Well I checked it on my old phone and saw it started Dec 2021! I saw that I had planned to buy another acoustic guitar to replace the one that got stolen in Oregon but that won't happen for awhile. Not with the price of food and everything.
So let me share this inspiring experience.
This weekend I've been stressed out trying to figure how to get from here to there( Roanoke Virginia)
I saw a Facebook notification from HFBA trying to reach me.
(I had left a message on the Hebrew free burial association Facebook page a few years ago asking how I could locate my mother's grave ðŸŠĶ.
Andrew Parver who was then the assistant director had reached out to me and even took a picture of it for me when I lived in Oregon.
(You see she's in Staten Island NY and living in Mississippi now,might as well be Poland to me. I haven't been there to visit since 1993.)
Someone reached out to me last week and asked if they could help and I said yes!
It was like my mom was saying hello and I thought to find where her grave was exactly.
I saw a message from Efrem Reis offering me help.
With everything going on with the war in Israel and Gaza it's been beyond belief the sorrow and death alone, along with the faces of people in grief and every emotion possible.
I've been praying every day for everyone...

I told him her name and soon found out exactly where she was. Nothing else mattered in those moments except remembering she once loved me and I wished she was there 😘.
Wished I could put a stone ðŸŠĻ on her grave ( the Jewish equivalent of a bunch of flowers 🌚ðŸŒđ)
Efrem told me he would be there on Tuesday and I told him what I would do if could be.
Today he sent me a picture of the grave and the stone he placed on there for me. He also said a Psalm for her.
I had tears in my eyes of gratitude. Here was a total stranger who because of a Prayer group just happened to be praying for her nextdoor neighbor if you will, also buried in 1982. I don't believe in coincidence. Everything happens for a reason. God G-d knew the big picture in this experience.
Efrem gave me his permission to share who he is, besides a compassionate person, he is also the assistant director of Hebrew Free Burial Association ( HFBA) as I wrote yesterday and shared with him, my mother was worried about her winding up in Potter's Field. A cemetery for the poor most without marker's or names.I was around 9 when she taught me about it. I was also a first responder at that age saving my mother's life because of her suicide attempts.
It continued until her death at only 45.
I came on a Greyhound from Oregon and my uncle brought me to the HFBA.
Because of their caring they helped me a low income single parent at the time, and provided a Jewish service, gave her a resting place and the Headstone I never could afford. Volunteers help keep the grounds clean and give dignity to all the souls there.
Young people learn respect and compassion there.
I thank Rabbi Efrem and glad We are friends on Facebook now and hopefully we can help make this a better world 🙏🌍âĢïļ.
I'm going to name the new blog
If not now when?
The person who said that originally was ( one of my favorite teachers in time)
Rabbi Hillel the Elder
If I am not for myself,
Who will be for me?
If I am not for others, what am I?
And if not now when?
He also said
Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you.
He who refuses to learn deserves extinction.
He lived c. 110-10 AD
A very wise man and we all can learn a lot from his words, as other great teachers throughout the ages.
So I can't share the picture here but will in time, maybe will write a poem or something to go along with it. I just re upped my WDC for the next 3 months! Maybe someday will have premium so could share more pictures.
Be safe and blessed out there! See you on the other side of my new blog tomorrow.
Dinner time to put out TV tables!!!

Be safe and well 😊ðŸŠĶðŸ•ŊïļðŸ™ðŸ˜ŧðŸŒē


218143218143



© Copyright 2023 dlspiritwriter 🙏â˜ŊïļðŸ˜ŧ (UN: dlspiritwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
dlspiritwriter 🙏â˜ŊïļðŸ˜ŧ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058381-Last-blog-post-here-thanks-for-kindness-given-