*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058624-Blog-City-Prompt-November-2-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1058624 added November 2, 2023 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt November 2, 2023
Thursday
November 2, 2023
6:00 AM
Blog City image small

Prompt: Today is Cookie Monster Day. Write about your favorite Muppets or cookies or write about both for your Blog entry today.

I attended school in New Jersey. When my younger sister was in middle school, she had a crush on Richard Hunt who was going to go on as a puppeteer on Sesame Street. Richard was taken by my sister too. He put on puppet shows in our town and towns around us. Richard was cute, shy, and extremely polite. My sister was pretty and shy, and very polite. They were in middle school and the longevity of boyfriend/girlfriend lasted about a minute, but they remained friends. We moved to California at the end of that school year so did not see him in person again.

"Richard Hunt did not have a face known to many -- his voice was known more than anything else. He was a major stronghold behind Jim Henson's "Muppets". 'Scooter', 'Janice', 'Sweetums' and a few others, were some of the "Muppets" that Richard was a performer and puppeteer of. He helped pave the way for Jim Henson and his company from the 1970s through the early 90s, until his surprising death in 1992 AIDS."(source:IMBd.com). May he rest in peace.

** Image ID #2307612 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #2307613 Unavailable **

I have always loved Kermit. "The Rainbow Connection" is my favorite Sesame Street song.

The Rainbow Connection
~written by John Williams and Kenneth Ascher

[Verse 1]
Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong wait and see

[Hook]
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection19
The lovers, the dreamers and me

[Verse 2]
Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
Look what it's done so far
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?

[Hook]
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

This was the opening song in the original Muppet Movie. The lyrics meant finding yourself and following your dreams. The deeper meaning of the poem is the importance of believing in something greater than yourself. The song was nominated for an Academy Award in 1979. Kermit sang the song at the awards ceremony in 1980.

My favorite cookie is Tollhouse chocolate chip.



© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058624-Blog-City-Prompt-November-2-2023