*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058961-d5-pt-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1058961 added November 5, 2023 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
d5 pt 6

Tom Ferguson had Anna Morgan and Joe Marks meet Galloway at the school.

“We got a witness saying she saw Fisher and Michaels leaving the Hall residence through the back gate. The lady says that Fisher is a witch and she fears for her life,” said Joe. “There’s also another witness that says he saw several boys leaving the residence through the front before the body was found.”

“What do you say about your sister, Rachel?” asked Anna.

“Me? I think those boys she hangs with now are a bad influence.”

“What about her being a witch?”

“Oh. That’s just because of our Aunt Linda. Aunt Linda is her guardian now since Mom was declared unfit. I live on my own so they can’t do much to me.”

“Were you able to get anything from the Hall family?” asked Galloway.

“I talked to Dan Hall, the father, and all he could tell me was that Rick was a typical teen,” said Anna. “Rick didn’t share too much with his parents and like to keep to himself.”

“We got plenty of evidence from the scene, but it is confusing to say the least. The forensic team seems to be a little behind. We can go over what we do have when we get the chance to sit down and share the details of our findings,” said Galloway.

“I’ve already talked to some of the kids,” said Marks. “They say Darrel Michaels threatened Rick Hall on several occasions.”

“Michaels would defend Kristin if he had to,” said Rachel. “Him and all his friends.”

“Can you get me a list of the friends and pull their files?” asked Galloway.

“Of course. I’ll go back to the station and get right on that.”

“Good.. Anna can canvas the school grounds. Joe you check out the athletic department. I’ll check with the school staff.”

“Rick was on the football team so his friends probably are too,” said Joe.

“Talk to the Auto Club too,” said Rachel.

“Okay, we’ll meet back here in an hour.”


Galloway went to the main offices of the high school and got in to see Principal Thorton. James Thorton was short and thin, not at all what you would think of an authority figure. His black Beatles mop top needed a trim as it almost touched his gold wire rimmed glasses.

“Detective, how can I help you?”

“Agent, Mr. Thorton. I’m trying to put together what Rick Hall’s final hours were like.”

“Yes, terrible business it all is. Rick was an exceptional student. He was part of the Auto Club here and the football team. Good, upstanding boys. Hoodlum gang members like that Michaels boy. That was the problem.”

“That would be Darrel Michaels?”

“Yes. Delinquents is what they are,, all of them. Then that girl, Kristin Fisher. I swear she bewitched Rick somehow just to make that devil of hers jealous.”

“There were problems between Hall and Fisher?”

“That,” he cleared his throat, “girl. She kept accusing Rick of sexual misconduct. Of course, no one ever saw anything.”

Phone rings. “This is Thorton. No don’t give them anything without a warrant. Tell the students they shouldn’t talk to anyone without their parents present.” Slams the phone down. “I think you and your team have outstayed your welcome.”

“I’m sorry you feel the way you do.”

Principal Thorton stood up. “You can contact me through our legal department, Detective.”

Galloway grabbed his badge making a show of the gun he was wearing. “It’s Special Supervisory Agent, Mr. Thorton. You’ll know what that means soon.”


Galloway and the rest of the team gathered at their cars preparing to leave the high school grounds.

Anna was pulling a young girl hidden under a blue and grey hoodie. “Galloway. This is Mary Cartwright. She has some information we might find interesting.”

Mary’s pink hair peeked out as she swung her head around, he green eyes darting to look at other students nearby. “I heard the Auto Club boys talking. They were praiising Mike Austin for taking care of Timothy Karson, but that Mike should have never blabbed to Tim about what they did in Waterton.”

“That’s good Mary,” said Anna.



“Can I go now. I have to get home.”

“Anna can take the car and see Miss Cartwright home and get her statement. Joe can ride back to headquarters with me.

“I guess it would be better than the bus,” said Mary. Anna took her to the car and she ducked in quickly.

“Did you get anything else from the school?” asked Galloway.

“I tried to talk to some students,” said Joe. “The kid named Mike Austin seemed nervous. I tried to press him but a faculty member came over and they all clammed up.”

“The principal was irritated by us being here and insisted on a warrant before he would give us anything else,” said Galloway.

“There were stories going around about Kristin Fisher being a witch that put a love spell on Rick Hall to make her demon boyfriend jealous. Apparently it worked because several said they heard
Darrel Michaels threaten Rick Hall’s life,” said Joe.

“I heard from the principal about the whole spell thing. He also said that Michaels came to the school and attacked Rick. I think we should get the warrant for the Auto Club members and get anything the police might have on Kristin and Darrel.”

“I think we should also look more into the connection between Mike Austin and Timothy Karson.”

“Everything is confirming what we already know,” said Galloway. “Let’s gather at the conference room. I want to know more about all the players on the board.”



Merry Meet and Blessed Be
then Merry Meet again!

Thank you Ledgerdemain for creating this wonderful signature.
© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058961-d5-pt-6