*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059030-Blog-City-Prompt-November-6-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1059030 added November 6, 2023 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt November 6, 2023
Monday
November 6, 2023
9:45 AM

Blog City image small

Prompt: Prompt: Time and Thoughts
"In one hour, A person thinks about 3000 thoughts."
--Tad James
I'm guessing some of those thoughts are the ones that pop up on their own into our minds. What do you think about Tad James's claim and which kinds of thoughts pop up in your mind? Also, is your mind so active that it tires you?

I think the number of thoughts may be more than Tad James states. Sometimes I think I am thinking 3,000 thoughts a minute. I will joke with people that if they spent an hour in my mind, they would be exhausted. It would be a pleasant exhaustion, however, because most of the thoughts are good.

Just last night my niece texted me out of the blue. She may have texted me twice in the past year. She wanted to verify my address for her holiday card. And I just could. not. remember. my. address. I literally had to look at a piece of my mail to give it to her. I did not think my brain could handle one more thing due to the thoughts crowding around. She asked how I was doing and I told her my brain had maxed out thinking at that moment about the war.

Intrusive thoughts steamroll over the good ones. Again yesterday, a friend told me about a devastating date she had been on the night before. Serious enough to involve law enforcement. She was taken to a hospital that has a sexual assault trauma team. I could not reconcile what happened. My thoughts kept trying to think of ways to get at the perpetrator. I am going through my Just Do It list. As I do, not much is making sense. The whole day went back and forth because it was also my granddaughter's 29th birthday. I was on messenger with my victim girlfriend while wrapping C's gift, one of those cute blankets with the word granddaughter and then all these cute panels saying cool things. See how my mind is thinking two things at once?

That paragraph was an example of doing and thinking and cycling thoughts every hour of every day. Today is garbage collection day. I can hear my neighbor rolling their garbage cans to the curb while the birds, who woke up late this morning, are singing and chatting with other birds which leads me to think about cardinals, my favorite bird because their brilliant red color is amazing. That leads my thoughts to a long ago vacation to the east coast where I saw cardinals. That thought leads to an adorable little pitcher I bought in Virgina that trip with cardinals on it and I wonder where I packed it. All the while now praying for my friend, and my second friend here on WdC Charity Marie - <3 who was attacked by a carjacker. She is having an operation on her broken finger today I think so I must contact her to wish her luck. The incessant prayers account for continual thoughts.

My thought right now is I wonder if how I am thinking, what it feels like in my brain, is that exactly the way other people feel it? Anyway, yesterday I shut down my electronics, flipped on a movie, and promptly fell asleep to cut off my thoughts. I may or may not have dreamed. I think my brain was too tired to perform that function. I woke up refreshed and the first thing I thought of was where did I put my laminated cheat sheet while also wondering if I finished my college class homework.

Did I mention more than 3,000 thoughts per hour go through my head?



© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059030-Blog-City-Prompt-November-6-2023