*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059154-d7-pt-9
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059154 added November 8, 2023 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
d7 pt 9


Kristin curled up on the van bench with her knees to her chest and started rocking. She couldn’t see a way out of this without one of them getting hurt.

Back at the house, Darrel and the others got out of the van and began unloading.

“Aren’t you coming, Kris? There’s got to be something to eat.”

“I’m not hungry.”

Darrel picked up her clothes bag and threw it at her. “Then you can put this away.”

Kristin uncurled and got out of the van. She felt helpless on how to protect the boys. When she got to the bed, she dropped her bag and fell onto it. She cried herself to sleep.


Kristin was running through town. It was dark and looked like no one had lived there for years. All the kids from town were chasing her and had gaping stab wounds that were bleeding all over. She found her way inside the house. Somehow she found Tyrel. He was laying on his cot with a huge wound in his belly. There were maggots crawling out of it. Mitch laid in his recliner with his guts spilling on the floor. Shawn and Dean were on the couch. There were cockroaches and other insects everywhere. She got to her and Darrel’s room. Darrel laid on the mattress with his chest splayed open like an autopsy.

Kristin woke up screaming. She got up and ran. She slammed into Darrel near the kitchen table, knocking her backwards Darrel approached her slowly. He knew not to touch her after one of her nightmares.

“Mitch got some of that tea you like. I’ll make you some.”

The microwave dinged just as Kristin found the strength to get up.

“I forgot how you like it.”

“A little milk and sugar.”

“I’m glad you had me grab some things from your house.” Darrel rambled when he knew Kristin didn’t want to talk. He thought if he could coax her into talking about little things that eventually the big things would come out.

“I’m sorry. I had a nightmare. Everyone was dead and I couldn’t find you. When I did you were dead too,”

“That won’t happen Kris.”

“I know we’re going to get through this.”

Kristin looked out the window as she took a sip of tea. “Where’s the van?”

Darrel shrugged. “I fell asleep on the couch. They left a note on the fridge saying they had business in town.”

“Well there’s not much we can do until they get back.”

“We can check out what movies Mitch has here. I’m sure he’s got something we’ll like.”

“You know all my favorites.”

“Yeah. So does Mitch. I’ll bet they are here.”

“Oh look! Labyrinth! I know you’re sick of it but can we watch it, please?”

“You know all the dialogue by heart. I bet you could quote every line Jareth says.”

“Well this movie made me fall in love with David Bowie for his many talents.”

Darrel open the case. “I give up. Let’s watch it. But then we’re watching The Prestige. I know you like that one too.”

“Mitch does have some great movies here.”

Darrel and Kristin curled up on the couch under a throw and watched the movies. They were half-way through the second movie when they thought they heard the van pull into the garage.

“Don’t be too hard on them Darrel.”

As they headed for the door they were passed by Dean. “My ham!”

Kristin giggled.

Instead of the van, a truck marked ‘Diamondpaw Deliveries’ sat in the back drive.

“What’s this?” asked Kristin.

“This is what you can do with the Griffin influence and money,” said Mitch. “’Diamondpaw Deliveries’ owns a warehouse down the street. No one will think twice seeing their trucks.”

“The van is away getting a makeover,” said Tyrel.

“Trucks will be coming and going at the warehouse. There are computers thata must be readied for shipment. I got one to set up here.”

“We got some more groceries,” said Shawn. “And we took some pictures. Interesting surveillence photos of the Auto Club."

"Come on guys," said Mitch. “Let’s get to work.”

© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059154-d7-pt-9