*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059156-d8-pt-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059156 added November 8, 2023 at 2:29pm
Restrictions: None
d8 pt 10
Galloway woke to a banging on the door. He had to move Rachel’s arm to get up. She turned to her stomach and made a few small noises before settling down again.

“Sorry to wake you, Sir,” said Deputy Schlept. He was a brunette, tall man, one of those officers that his uniform was always spot on regulations. This morning, his uniform showed the signs of the hard hours they had all been working.

“Well, you must have a good reason.”

“Yes, sir. There’s been another murder.”

Galloway sighed. “Let me get myself together.”

Galloway splashed water on his face and ran his comb through his hair. He leaned over and kissed Rachel on the cheek. “Time to go back to work.”

Rachel stretched and yawned. “I’ll catch a cab.”

Galloway stepped out the door. Deputy Schlept caught a glimpse of Rachel on the bed.

“She’s good for a night or two,” said Schlept.

“What was that officer?” Galloway shut the door hard.

“Nothing sir. Shall we take my car?”

“I’ll follow you in my car.”

Galloway and Schlept pulled up in front of another two story colonial in the same nieghborhood as the Hall’s Manor.

“You’d better brace yourself, Galloway,” said Anna approaching him.

Galloway stuffed his emotions. “I just want to catch a break on t his one.”

“Hopefully we will soon, but we lost a witness. This one is Mary Cartwright.”

Galloway twinged. He knew it must have something to do with Mary talking to them at the school. The interviewing done there had been sloppy and he knew it.

Mary Cartwright was curled up in the middle of the living room. Her dress was rolled up to her waist and her underpants were around her ankles. The room showed signs of a struggle.

Dr. Solanum stood up from examining the body. “I won’t know if there was a sexual assaualt until I get back to t he lab. It looks like she might have scratched her assailant. There is tissue under her nails.” She motioned to her team and they began clearing the body. “I’ll let you know what I find.”

Galloway scratched hiss brow. “It seems our unsub is getting sloppier. I need to talk to Tom.”


Later, Galloway met Tom Ferguson in the conference room. The files of the victims were spread out between them.


“I don’t want to hear any psychobabble about my kids. I just want to hear about our unsub.”

“I’m becoming more convinced that there is more than one unsub,” saiid Tom.

“You don’t think this iss a serial case?”

“I do. I just believe there is a group committing these crimes together.”

“For what reason?”

“If I could tell you that I could tell you who they are. I can tell you that there is a leader that is keeping them semi-orgaanized. Probably a woman. She isn’t leaving any evidence of herself, but she was there supervising in Waterton. I think they are getting sloppier because she is giving them more freedom, or they are taking it.”

“What about Kristin Fisher and her group?”

“A group with a prominent female but I don’t think so. From what I gathered from their files, they are a cohesive group with no clear leader amongst them. I can’t see them being supervised by an outsider either.”

“Do we have anything?”

“I almost got the profile of the unsubs done.”

“Get me that by the end of the day at the latest. It is something new we can give the press.”

“Now can we talk about your sons?”

“There’s nothing to talk about.”

“What if it sstarts to lead to them being involved?”

“I know my boys.”

“You haven’t seen them in six years.”

“Tom, I know my boys. I’m running this investigation.”




Merry Meet and Blessed Be
then Merry Meet again!

Thank you Ledgerdemain for creating this wonderful signature.
© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059156-d8-pt-10