*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059230-d9-pt-11
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059230 added November 9, 2023 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
d9 pt 11
The boys unloaded the truck and put the boxes in the spare bedroom. Mitch and Tyrel went to work on setting up the computer. Dean went to his room. Shawn, Darrel and Kristin went to the living room to watch TV.

There’s been another murder in the Crescent Pointe area. Mary Cartwright was found in her home this afternoon. Police report that nothing is certain yet but Evelyn Cartwright did confirm that items are missing. Police say they will release a list of the valuables once it is certain what items are missing……

“This is getting to be too much,” said Kristin, “I think I need to lay down.”

“I’ll walk you to make sure you’re okay, Krissy,” said Shawn.

Shawn let Kristin get comfortable on the bed before he left and shut the door.

Kristin began to reminisce on how she had met the guys……


Kristin and Darrel met in October. Kristin was skipping school and decided to explore Tunning. She hated the school and everything about Crescent Pointe. Hopefully college would take her out of there.

She took a route through the low end of the suburbs. She liked that area because all the parents complained about how dangerous it was. ..they talked about hoodlums with their loud music. This day there was only thee occassional dog barking or baby crying.

Most of the houses needed a good paint job and other small work. That’s why Darrel caught Kirstin’s eye. He was onn a ladder painting the garage. He started to come down when he noticed her. She almost ran into a telephone pole. She saw it just in time and skirted around it.

Kristin heard Darrel laughing. He had a kind laugh, laughing with her instead of at her. Kristin laughed and their eyes met. She felt as though she already knew him. She didn’t know what to say so she hurried away.

Kristin kept going back hhoping for just a glimpse of Darrel again. He was always outside when she passed trying to look busy.

The snows came early that year. One big storm hit early in November. Kristin’s boots were more fashhionable than sensible. When she got to the garage, Darrel wasn’t outside.Kristin thought she wasn’t important enough for him to brave the elements. She began a mad strut.

There was an ice slick in front of the garage. Kristin was quickly on the ground with her legs splayed at awkward angles.

Suddenly Darrel was standing over her with his hand out. “Are you okay?”

“I think so.” Kristin put her hand in his and tried to get up. Pain shot up her left leg and she let out a small squeak before sitting back down.

“I guess you’re not okay.”

Kristin reached for her left ankle. “I think I sprained it.”

Darrel picked her up. “Let’s get you to the porch.”

Kristin admired Darrel’s tuagaht muscles under his denim jacket. He set her down on the porch and carefully worked her left boot off. He turned her ankle in a circle.

“Does that hurt?”

“”Not very much.”

The door opened. “Hey Darrel, are you going to watch for that girl…oh I see.”

“Beat it, Dean, she’s hurt.”

“You seem to have things in hand. I won’t bother calling the National Guard.”

Darrel was slightly blushing.

“You really were looking for me?”

Darrrel flushed redder. “I guess so.”

“I kept coming this way hoping to see you,” s aid Kristin.

Darrel let go of her ankle. “You probably have to get going.”

“Not really..”

“You want t o come inside? You could meet the guys.”

“I think I’d like that.”

Kristin started liking her classes and stopped skipping. Darrel and Mitch helped her with her homework. Darrel encouraged her and she joined the newspaper. Her Aunt Shelby knew where she was and approved of her new enthusiasm for school.







© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059230-d9-pt-11