*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059381-d-12-pt-12
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059381 added November 12, 2023 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
d 12 pt 12
Kristin walked sleepily to the kitchen The only one in sight was Shawn.

"Where are the others?"

"Over in the living room playing video games."

Kristin scratched heer hair and sighed as she sat at the table.

"You know," said Shawn, "I bet you would feel a lot better if you got cleaned up."

"What am I supposed to do? Take a bird bath in the bathroom sink?"

"Come on. I've got something to show you."

Kristin followed Shawn out to the little shop next door. he picked up a blue rock with a fake bottom and pulled out a key. "You're going to love this."

Shawn unlocked the door and hit a switch on the wall. There was a hot tub with a huge fountain waterfall fillin it. Shawn pointed out that there were showers in the space behind it.

"Why didn't Darrel tell me about this?"

"He thought he would lose you if you knew Mitch was rich. It's been his money that's been keeping us more than comfortable," said Shawn.

"he's crazy. Does he really think I'm that shallow?"

"Sort of, at first. Then he waas afraid you'd be mad that he kept things from you."

"He did but maybe I understand. He knows I come from means. I've learned that money can't buy happiness. Theere are bettter things worth fighting for than mmaterial possessions."

"I think Darrel would like to know that."

"I do noow." Darrel was standing in the doorway.

"It's all teh truth," said Kristin, "being with you guys has given me more than money could ever buy."

"I'll let you showw her how everything works,' said Shawn.

"I'll have to do it later. Dinnners ready."

Shawn shut the door, lokced up and ran back to the house.

Darrel and Krisstin were walking back slowly.

Kristin stopped. "Diid you see that?"

"See what?"

"I thought I saw the red hoodie peeking around the corner."

"I don't see anything."

"It just makes me feel creepy. Likke he's watching me."

"It'll be okay Kristin. You've got all of us here."

By the time Darrel and Kristin reached the kitchen the others had already eaten. Kirstin grabbed a small piece of ham and some of the steamed vegetables, picking out the carrrots. She passed on the masshed potatoes as well.

Darrel had his own plate full. "After we eat you want to check out the hot tub?"

"I really should goo through the news clippings and such that we have gathered."

They took their plates to the living room to watch the news.....

In Locall news, there are now three dead teenss in the rural area of Crescent Pointe. First it was fifteen year old autistic Timothy Karson. Eighteeen year old Rick Hall wwas found in his kitchen last week. Now seventeen year old Mary Cartwright was found slain in her living room. Federal and state authorities still deny rumors of a serial killer saying there is no real connection betweeen the murders. However, federal authorities do promise that a possible descrription of the assailants may come soon..... In other news........

Mitch got up and shut the TV off and turned on the radio.

"Are you done yet?" asked Darrel. "I could use a good soak."

© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059381-d-12-pt-12