*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059388-d-12-pt-13
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059388 added November 12, 2023 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
d 12 pt 13
Galloway sat in t he car and looked up at the Karson house. It was smaller than the other houses on the block. It had intricate trims scrolled aroound the eaves and framing each window. An antique amongst the coookie cutter colonials.

Galloway got out of the car and walked up to t he front porch like he was on cat paws. He didn't want to bother Mrs. Agnes Karson if she was ill. They needed information about Timothy Karson.

Mrs. Karson didn't come to t he door until Galloway had rung the belll for the fourth time. She leaned on her walker just inside.

"Hello can I help you?"

"I'm Speciial Agent Galloway, Maam. I'd like to ask you some questions about Timothy."

"Come in Mr. Galloway. We can ttalk in the parlor. Would you like some tea?"

"No thank you."

Mrs. Karson settled herself in one of the moderately stuffed chairs. "What is it you wanted to ask?"

GGalloway squirmed slightly, trying to find the right position on the cushion. "Did Tim associate with the High School football team or the auto club?"

"Tim wennt to a special school. Most of those kids just laughed at him."

"What about Rick Hall or Mike Austin?"

"OH yes, I had forgotten. Mike Austin used to do work for me. Time used to follow him through the house. Sometimes Michael would bring a friend to help him. I don't remember all their nammes."

"That's f ind maam. Do you think that Mike Austin might have had anything to do with the robberry or Tim's death?"

"It wouldn't surprise me. Mike haated Tim followwing him around. He had said something that scared Tim once. Tim came running to me saying that Mike was bad and he was going to hurt Tim. I had to let Mike go."

"Have you f ound anything missing? There were valuables missing at other crime scenes."

"Mike was here when I had some of my silver pieces and jewelry appraised. Those seem to be missing now." Mrs Karson got up and went to a drawer at her desk. She pulled out a piece of folder paper. Galloway could see there was driedblood on it. "I shouldn't have moved this. When I did, I had thought it was one of Tim's drawings."

Galloway took the note from her and unfolded it. It was exquisite paper with gold embossed trim. One one side of it was drawn a double looped infinity sign. On the other was a zero with a slash through it. He put the note in an evidence bag.

"Have Kristin Fisher or Darrel Michaels ever been around here?"

"Kristin is a sweet girl despitte that mother of hers. I haven't seen her in almost a year."

Galloway got up. "Thannk you Mrs Karsosn. We'll be in touch if we need anything else."

"Those others may not be but my Tim was a good boy. He didn't cause any treouble for anyone. I hope you find who killed my poor Timmy."

Galloway didn't know what else to say so he just continued to his car. Once there he stopped and looked at the piece of paper again. Why the slashed zero? Why did Timmothy call Mike Austin bad? What could he have said that made Mrs. Karson let him go? Galloway had more quesstioons than when he had gone into the house.

© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059388-d-12-pt-13