*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059516-d-15-pt-15
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059516 added November 15, 2023 at 8:42am
Restrictions: None
d 15 pt 15

"Shawn, are these the pictures you took?" asked Kristin.

"Yeah. Them and their cars. How droll."

"It looks like most of these guys are in the auto club."

"You didn't know that?"

"I didn't pay that much attention to that crowd."

"But you are on the newspaper staff."

"The auto club had nothing to do with the High School."

"oh."

Kristin separated three of the photos ffrom the others. "Who is this womman with the red hair?"

"I don't know. She just seemed out of place and be entirely too cozy with Toby Bryant."

"I think we need to fndd oout who shhe is. I feel as though she is more important than we realize"

"I think we got trouble," said Mitch. "There are two cop cars and some plain cars at the spa."

"Gather stuff up. We may have to make a run for it." said Darrel.

Shawn and Dean cautiously peeked out the window. When one of the mmen got out of a plain car Dean turned white as a sheet. Shawn grabbed his shoulder.

"What iss it booys?" asked Mitch.

"It's nothing," said Shawn. He pulled Dean out of the winndow.

"We can all meeet up at the warehousse ," said Tyrel.

"That sounds good," said Mitch. "I'll make somem calls."

"We can't haul too much. We all got to be able to move swiiftly and quietly."

A knock sounded on the front door. Mitch and Darrel motioned for everyone to be quiet. Darrel took Kristin's hand. Mitch took a few steps towward the front door.. Krristinn moved to stop him, but Darrel grabbed her covering her mouth.

"Mitch opened the door. "Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm Deputy Schleept for the Carrol County Police Departemnt. I'd like to ask you some questions."

"No problem. I waas just delivered a package and I have tto get ready for work."

"This shouldn't take long. Are you the only one here?"

Mitch motioned behind his back for the others to leave. "Yes sir. Just me."

Shawn and Dean slipped silently out the bacck door and disappeared down the alley. Tyrel had takean the cue from Mitch and went out to t he truck, startingn it up and pulling out.

"Have you noticed any unusual activity in the neighborhood recently?"

Joe Marks had been moving back to his car with a clipboard of pictures. He was flipping through the pages as he approached the porch.

"I haven't noticed anything really," said Mitch. "Of course I work nights so I am usually sleeping during the day."

Joe Marks came up the stiars with a prupose. "Excuse me. You wouldn't happen to be ," he checked the papers "Mitch Griffin."

"Yes, Is there something wrong?"

""I'dd like you to come downwtown for more questions, Would you come with me please?"

Kristin reached out for the large door as Mitch shut it behind him...
© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059516-d-15-pt-15