*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059536-d-15-pt-16
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1059536 added November 15, 2023 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
d 15 pt 16
Darrel dragged Kristin out the back door and through the alley. He went the oppositte way from where Mitch had said the warehouse was. When she tried to ask where they were going, Darrel just yanked her forward through a maze of back alleys. Kirstin finally gleaned hhis thoughts. He was trying tto get as far away from the house as possible.

Thhey energed from the alleys into the local park. Darrel led them to the gazebo and sat down, out of breath. Kristin sat next to him and leaned into his shoulder.

"Where are we gooing to go?" asked Kristin.

"Eventually we will make our way to the warehouse," said Darrel."I just didn't want to get caught in the net they might have ethrown after grabbing Mitch."

"You think he is going to be okay?"

"Oh yeah, Mitch will be fine. He'll just have to be careful about finding us. They're liable to have surveillence on him."

Kristin got up. "Well being out here in the open is not a good place to be."

"Okay, let's go."

Kristin realized they were traveling in a huge circle around the house. Darrel had let go of her hand so she couldn't glean his thoughts any more.

After getting to the other end of town from the house, Darrel led deep into the waterhouse district. The old warehoussees stood like dinosaurs; a testamnt to past times. They were boarded up better than the housees on the outskirts of Tunning. This was deep into guts of the industrial park. Warehouses and factories that used to produce everything from car parts to rubber chickens. They finally slowed down amongst some smaller warehouses and discount shops and old stand where imigrants used to haawk their goods and services.

You could still see the faded words "Masterful Creations" written across the top of the warehouse that Darrel stopped at.

When Kristin leaned on the building she could feel Tyrel and the truck inside. There was no sign of Shawn or Dean.

Darrel went to one end of the huge door and reached in through a rust hole. The door slid up about a couple of feet. Darrel hurried Kristin inside. After the door slammed down Darrel hit a switch and some dim overhead lights came on.

"Hey you made it," said Tyrel. "I figured I could justt come straight here with the truck."

Kristin hugged Tyrel lightly.

"Any word from the boys?" asked Darrel.

"No. Knowing them they are going to take a while. You know how paranoid Dean gets."

"Yeah and Shawn will take advantage of it and scare him about a thousand times."

"Those two will never be serious," said Kristin.

© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059536-d-15-pt-16