*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060010-20231124-NaNo-XXVII
by s
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2263218
A blog detailing my writing over the next however long.
#1060010 added November 23, 2023 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
20231124 NaNo XXVII
November 24, 2023, 11:00am

Been writing since 6:30 this morning.

I need to finish this story.

But...

I just wanted to share this.

         “This award didn’t come out of nowhere,” he said, his voice shaking a little; if Titania didn’t know better, she would have sworn he was nervous. Her grin was, she hoped, encouraging. “This has come from the people in my life, living their lives around me. I can’t thank all of them, there’s too many. But if I thank any of them, then the rest will feel left out. So, this is for all of them.” The grin that touched his mouth was accompanied by an increase in confidence. “All of us can write. We are all writers. We write our own lives every day. We are our own main characters, and our lives are the adventures we create. But when I write songs, I don’t write about my main character, about me. I write about the supporting characters in my story. See, they might be my supporting characters, but they are their own main characters in their own story. They are their own heroes. And if I can put that into words when they may not be able to, then my story is fuller for it.” His eyes fell on Titania; she held his gaze. “I only hope they realise how much of an impact they have made on my life just by being who they are. They are important. I think everyone needs to feel important. Everyone needs to be their own main character.”
         “Shit, dude,” came a voice from the back of the room, “that was intense.”


And this has given the story its title:


Our Own Characters

Anyway, more later when i finish this beast.

© Copyright 2023 s (UN: stevengepp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
s has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060010-20231124-NaNo-XXVII