*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061203-Sunglasses-and-Coffee
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2308309
Blog of what I am doing with my work etc
#1061203 added December 19, 2023 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Sunglasses and Coffee
Perfect day to write outside at a cafe... and would you know it that is just where I am. Rapidly heading to 30 degrees, that is 86f in freedom units for our metric challenged USA friends here *Pthb*

On the written work end of things, I have just finished out a redemption arc for a character named 'Zirana' (Z-ra-na). In the first book you learn to despise and hate this woman, by the end of the second if I have done my job well you will empathize with her and pray for her survival. My aim with her and a couple of others was to make the reader question their own motives and if they would act any differently. As it is I am very happy with how it turned out. Having said that her arc most certainly makes this book utterly adult fiction considering the themes around her rise and fall and rise again. It is uncomfortable at best and disturbing to outright horrendous what she had to endure. But what I have at the end for my third installment is a character with great depth and one I hope the reader comes to love.

So music for the day? The subject is redemption I gather.... So as Zirana says in her little cell waiting for the headsman's axe (spoiler she lives).

‘We all construct our lives from pretty lies and useful deceit. It is funny how long hours in a dark cell force’s one to judge oneself. I have found myself guilty of so many awful things in the dark.’



© Copyright 2023 StoneHeart (UN: wexian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StoneHeart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061203-Sunglasses-and-Coffee