*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061568-Blog-City-Prompt-December-30-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1061568 added December 30, 2023 at 1:57am
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt December 30, 2023
Saturday
December 30, 2023
12:05 am

Blog City image large

Blog City prompt: Let this quote inspire your entry today: “I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape. Something waits beneath it; the whole story doesn’t show.” — Andrew Wyeth Or discuss Wyeth's work if you need more inspiration.

I knew the name Andrew Wyeth although I did not recall his paintings nor his style. I researched his biography and learned a few things.

~Growing up, he was in frail health
~He was taught at home by his father his entire life
~His father died when his car stalled on train tracks. He had a 3-year-old nephew with him. Both were killed.
~He lived to age 98, dying in his sleep.

The main takeaway from my research is that Wyeth believed that you do what you do in life not looking for recognition or popularity. If you do what is your best work and paint what you have a passion for, it does not matter what people think of the result.

I see this extends to writers. To an extent a writer writes for an audience, generally of enthusiasts of the genre that the work is written in. I think I write partly paying attention to my audience. I take more time and attention if I know for sure someone will read it like for a writing contest. I have written a few things here at WdC that received constructive feedback. I realized I published the piece hastily. I learned from that. Now, I seem to be more prepared and write what I love and think I do well.


© Copyright 2023 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061568-Blog-City-Prompt-December-30-2023