*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063164-Mish-Mash
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1063164 added January 29, 2024 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Mish Mash
Day 3398: January 30, 2024

Prompt: Use these words in your blog entry: buckwheat, stockings, effacement, lurker, precipitation, feather, and litter.

BCOF Insignia

This is my first entry for Blogging Circle of Friends and as I look at the prompt I realise I am faced with quite a task. It would be a case of self-effacement to say this is not possible but as I’m I’m always up for a challenge so here goes.
I’ll start with litterOne of my most disliked things in the world. Each day my husband and I take our best friend, Lucy the Weimaraner, for her walks and each and every time we pick up food and drink containers. Having a McDonalds across the park from us doesn’t help of course. Why can’t people take their rubbish home or put it in the bin?
On the same walks I often find a treasure. A beautiful red and black feather from our native Carnaby Cockatoos. These fantastic birds are endangered because of the way we treat the earth. We chop down their habitat, pollute the rivers and litter our environment.
The weather here in Western Australia is forecast to be extra hot this week with temperatures up to 44 degrees centigrade. There’ll be no precipitationand the wearing of stockings will not be encouraged.
Oh, look, there’s Lucy being a lurker her head is around my door watching me. She’s probably wondering why she isn’t included in the chocolate biscuits I’m having with my coffee. Although I know she’s not supposed to eat what we eat, but she looks so hungry 😂 This morning she had just a tiny piece of my buckwheat pancakes with a touch of maple syrup.
Anyway it’s been nice to join the circle of friends and I hope everyone has a great day.



© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063164-Mish-Mash