*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063211-Dancing-days
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1063211 added January 31, 2024 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Dancing days
2024

Prompt: “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.” – Nelson Mandela

Use this quote to inspire your blog entry.

Snow's BCOF Signature [#1971580]
Prosperous Snow, Blogger of the Week LeaderProsperous Snow,

I love the quote and the opportunity to use it as a prompt.

As a much younger person I was incredibly shy and self conscious. I never did anything which I thought would draw attention my way. Even as a very young bride, I really knew nothing of life except how to look after someone as I’d done that most of my life. My mother always seemed to be sick with something or other and when I was sixteen she almost died from a coronary thrombosis. As the only girl I was expected to do all the household stuff and cooking for the family. So when I left home to marry at twenty one having only one man to care for was easy. John was a very lucky man😂 and still is!
When we left England with a three year old in tow to come to Australia, leaving everything familiar behind I grew in confidence. I was twenty eight then.
I’d say that was when I knew I had to be brave. Two more children later I became the person I am today. Independent, kind, loyal, but assertive. I try to be honest in my dealings with people and only tell white lies, usually to avoid hurting others feelings, But I’ll fight tooth and nail for the ones I love. And yes, I actually used to dance like no ones watching but my dancing days are gone. Although I still behave like a kid, sometimes and never lost my sense of humour, the thing that makes me, well, me.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063211-Dancing-days