*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063527-The-Crickets-Wicket
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2313403
A blog about music from my unique perspective (also a spot for some poetry I’ve written)
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1063527 added February 4, 2024 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
The Cricket's Wicket
This entry features an instrumental song by the Irish classical band Nightnoise  . I did a quick Google search on the track just now and discovered that all these years I've had the name of the band switched with the name of the track! This   Facebook post is a beautiful description of the song, btw...

The only way I discovered this is because of my Mom. She would sometimes tell me the story of how she acquired her Nightnoise album, and play this song on YouTube. Back when she was a college student, the local radio station ran a little giveaway contest where you had to guess the snippet of a song they would play and you won an album. Mom recognized the song The Weight, by The Band, and that's how she had the album.

The Cricket's Wicket is gorgeous and dreamy, progressing through different stages until it reaches the final climax, which sometimes brings me to tears and other times makes a lovely lullaby for the evening. It fills my head with peaceful images which elude my description, as is often the case with the music I love. I treasure this six minute long track and count myself lucky to have grown up with it.



Word count: 207

© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063527-The-Crickets-Wicket