*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
15
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063667-reading-and-writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #2311223
2024. Going anywhere inside my little world.
#1063667 added February 6, 2024 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
reading and writing
Reading my favorite authors makes me feel different ways depending on what genre and subject matter I am reading. While reading how-to books on writing, for example, I feel like a student in a classroom or lecture hall. When I read my Laurell K Hamilton Anita Blake novels I feel like I'm a friend tagging along on her adventure.. When I read Danielle Steele I feel as a fly on the wall wondering who is going to fall for who when. Finally with my Stephen King or Dean Koontz novels I am on the edge of my seat wondering who is going to survive.

I love reading a variety of things as much as I enjoy writing them.


I've been wondering all day if I am going through my RoE novel all wrong. Most stories like it tell the story through the antagonist (the killer) and the protagonist (usually the PD). RoE tells the story through the protagonist (who is the falsely accused) and the PD. The POV characters are the falsely accused girlfriend and the head of the PD. It just keeps feeling like it is going in circles or something to that effect and I've hit a dead end. ..... I really need to start over from the beginning again and do a rewrite putting in some more details I've come up with that will help move the story forward. I also need to add in some more details that foreshadow what is happening in Book 2: THTW.

I always have too many irons in the fire and I am so overwhelmed I can't get myself to work on any of them. To make matters worse I am constantly thinking of more things I should be doing.

Right now I'm going to take a break from writing and do some reading tonight. I'll get back to writing tomorrow after I see the doctor coming to evaluate me for my insurance in the morning.

© Copyright 2024 Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063667-reading-and-writing