*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063806-One-I-Wanna-Be-With
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1063806 added February 9, 2024 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
One I Wanna Be With
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | Day 2
"One I Wanna Be With" by Trella


I first heard this song on the finale of the latest season of Selling the OC, the spinoff series from Selling Sunset. If you're not familiar with the show, congratulations on successfully avoiding yet another drama-filled reality television juggernaut. It's a show about a real estate brokerage (the original "Sunset" refers to the original Los Angeles location on the Sunset Strip, and the "OC" spinoff refers to the office they subsequently opened near Newport Beach) that hires insanely hot listing agents (mostly women) and shows both their personal and professional lives. My wife and I love the show, mostly because catty people's interpersonal drama on reality shows is her guilty pleasure, and I love the architecture porn that comes with them touring listings of exclusive multimillion-dollar properties. It's got a little something for everybody. *Laugh*

And you can say what you want about the quality of Netflix's reality television content, but their music supervisor is worth every penny they're getting paid. The song selection for all of their reality programs (and especially these ones) is phenomenal. There are genuinely great songs like this one, and a fair amount of needle drops that mirror the sentiments/feelings of the personalities in the show perfectly.

I don't actually know much about this artist other than what's on her website... which is that her real name is Lindsey Sweat, she grew up doing worship music in a church context, and moved to Nashville where she discovered the indie-pop genre and invented "Trella" as her new indie-pop project. I haven't heard many of her other songs at this point, but I'm definitely interested based on how much I like this one.




© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063806-One-I-Wanna-Be-With