*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064477-The-great-unknown
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1064477 added February 19, 2024 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
The great unknown
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: Fears of the Unknown
Do you have any fears of the unknown that sometimes make you feel uneasy? If so, for you which things, ideas or people would make you feel better or act like the safety net beneath a trapeze act?

This unknown is not what people generally like to talk about but is one we all must face sooner or later. I was reminded of this great unknown only this morning when I was listening to a radio program. The subject was dying. I know it’s not what most people like to talk about, but this lady who was talking was telling about her mother‘s death in Canada. Apparently they have a system they’re called MAIDS. This stands for medical assistance in dying. In Australia, we do have a system for voluntary Assisted death, but a person needs to have a terminal illness. In Canada, this is not so, maybe also in the United States, but probably not in all states. So yes, this is my great unknown and it does make me feel uneasy. I would like something like the Canadian system to be brought in to Australia law as a safety net under that trapeze act, we will all have to attempt. Some will do it better than others. When my time comes I’d really love to do it well.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064477-The-great-unknown