*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064724-Swapping-sex
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1064724 added February 27, 2024 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
Swapping sex
"Blogging Circle of Friends
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a member of the opposite sex for a day? What do you think your life would be life? Harder or easier?

It’s a fun thing to think about, but it’s too hard to know what it would be like to be a man. I’ve often thought, as probably most women have, that men have an easier life.
But men also think that women have it best.
I believe there are stages for each sex when the going gets tougher. For women it’s when raising children is more than a full time job. Maybe more so when I was the mother of three kids under four years of age as men seem to take on more of the burden these days.It’s an endless, tedious, day to day sameness. The man leaves the house in the morning and comes home to a house that looks as if a tornado swept through and a frazzled wife. That wife thinks he’s had it easy all day.
For the male there is the added pressures of providing for his family, he’s expected to be ‘the man’ even if he hates spiders as much as the woman, is terrified of intruders as much as she is.
Once the pressures of child rearing ease (they never end) perhaps it’s more of a level playing field as regards money, chores etc but still a woman is expected to look good all the time. One can see the disparity in the business world or politics when the women are criticised, everything they wear or say is twice as much scrutinised as her male counterparts.
So the jury’s still out as far as I’m concerned. We all have our cross to bear and I wouldn’t swap places with a man even if it was possible.

306 words

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064724-Swapping-sex