*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065302-A4-Shutting-Up-Like-a-Telescope
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313324
My Aventures in Wonderland
#1065302 added March 1, 2024 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
A.4. "Shutting Up Like a Telescope"
"Shutting Up Like a Telescope

A new planet has been discovered ...by ME! Describe this planet, its inhabitants, and what life would be like there. Be careful now, as Dinah the Cat must approve. (<1000 words)

Mongolia


Word count: 439

         "Oh My God...look Dinah!"

Dinah mozied over to the telescope and peered through the small eyehole. "Meow," she purred and rubbed the side of her head against my cheek.

"I don't believe it! A new planet, and we discovered it. I think I will call it Mongolia. Come, Dinah, let's go over to Maggie, The Spy Glass and see what we can see." Grabbing Dinah, Krissy turned and sprinted to the adjacent room in the Observatory. Gently placing Dinah in the over-stuffed chair and stepping back, she placed her right index finger to her lips and whispered. "Shhh, remember we can't tell anyone right now. We don't want anyone to steal our discovery, and we need more information before we expose Mongolia." Dinah yawned and closed her eyes, and Krissy settled on the stool behind Maggie with her notebooks.

          Maggie, The Spy Glass, properly known as The Super Telescope, was the newest addition to the Observatory. Her magnifying capabilities allowed one to view a planet like you were there, like spying.

         Mongolia had always been there and not a new baby planet like Krissy thought. It appeared as a round purple ball surrounded by a green ring. It had never been noticed before because of its cloaking device. Because of its many years of undetected visits to Earth, its rulers had decided it was time to become visible.

          Through Maggie, The Spy Glass, Krissy noticed that the surface was covered with what appeared to be snow. Children and adults, all bundled up, were laughing and playing in the stuff. The inhabitants looked strange. They all had purple hair and were small, stout, and waddled when they walked. Their stature reminded Krissy of the Dwarf people here on Earth.

          The geography surrounding this area was mountainous, with forests, valleys, and lakes. Krissy noticed that Mongolia had three moons and two suns. The suns were much more miniature than the sun circling the Earth. The sky was a baby blue and streaked with rainbows. It was breathtaking. She didn't see any animals. They, she thought to herself, must be either home, hidden in the forest, or both.

         They seemed friendly and happy. The desire to visit this strange place began to burn deep within Krissy's soul. She had finished for the day and swiveled the stool seat around to face Dinah.

"Well, girl lips, are you ready for a vacation? I need more information."

"Meow." was the reply.

© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065302-A4-Shutting-Up-Like-a-Telescope