*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067365-Life-Skills
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1067365 added April 2, 2024 at 1:19am
Restrictions: None
Life Skills
FORUM
Blog City Prompt Forum  (E)
Message forum for Blog City group members to place their entries to blog prompts
#1972533 by Lyn's a sly fox

Prompt: Life Skills
What does the term "life skills" mean to you? What life skills, hard or soft, have you developed that serve you the best?
Hard skills are education, certifications, money-making, etc. Soft skills are problem-solving, time management, patience, gratitude, listening ability, etc.

I’ve developed, but also lost life skills over my life. When I was a little girl I loved to do embroidery, my Auntie showed me how. That was when everyone used embroidered tablecloths and handkerchiefs. I haven’t done any for nearly seventy years so I’m sure that skill has gone. Knitting was another. I think the last thing I knitted was a beautiful sweater with a motorbike motif on the back for my boyfriend. It was a labour of love for sixteen year old me. His mother threw the woollen sweater into the washing machine into hot water! It shrunk to the size that would fit a six year old.
One life skill I’ve learned over the years is the art of listening without advising, that’s a great skill, one which I use all the time.
Another great skill is the art of making my house look visitor ready in five minutes. It really works so long as no one opens any cupboard doors!

Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1067365-Life-Skills