*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238784
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238784 added April 25, 2003 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Eight
         We were there for three days. Mukuro came in to look for me on the second day after the funeral. I was sitting in the library looking at some of the 'treasures' (Raizen was a bandit after all) his people had given to him over th years.
         "So, you're the one who gave the kitsune the fright of his life," an oddly-gentle female voice said.
         I turned and instantly recognized the young woman. There was only one person in the whole of Makai who was a half-cyborg. "Mukuro-sama!" I exclaimed in surprise, dropping the book I held in my hand and curtsying deeply. When she said nothing, I looked up cautiosly.
         "Ruina?" she said softly, as though meeting an old acquaintance.
         I shook my head. I knew whom she was talking about though. All the Alin'sa (refer to my Dreams folder) knew about Ruina and Suriela, the founders of the Alin'sa's training arm, the Jewels (which was also a mercenary group).
         "My ancestress was Ruina, esteemed Mukuro. She said in her will that she would always be grateful to you and that she placed the Jewels at your command. If you have any need, do not hesitate to ask us and we will help you," I said, instinctively lasping into the ancient form of Japanese which only someone from Mukuro's era could understand.
         "Thank you," she said, in a strangely husky voice. "Tell me, who leads the Jewels now," she pulled up a chair and indicated that I was to sit with her.

Please check out: http://fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=776032 for more info. Thanks!

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238784