*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322617-Friday-Work--Surgery
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#322617 added January 14, 2005 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Friday, Work, & Surgery

My heart hurts for Autumn. First of all, the exploratory surgery went well. No complications and everything came back fine. They were looking for things like endometriosis or cancer so you can’t imagine the relief I felt to hear the results. Still, something’s wrong, and more tests will be needed before a positive diagnosis can be determined. She, on the other hand wasn’t happy upon hearing they found nothing. She was in intense pain, and crying she said. “Something’s wrong with me. I wanted them to FIX it. I did this for nothing.”

I fought back the tears. Since she’s so young, I don’t think she realized that not having endo is a good thing.

Before the surgery, they gave her a Valium, to relax. She was being so cute, which made my heart hurt too. I helped her into her hospital gown and she asked, “Are you gonna write a story about this?” I laughed. And said, “Um, I don’t know.” But in truth, I had already begun the mental note taking. Especially since this year I’m trying to write about everything, not just the funny stuff.


I’m back at work. Boy do I need to get organized. When they were passing out the organization gene, they completely skipped over me. Or, maybe I looked down at my feet and missed it. Who knows, but I struggle with organization. I do have friends who say I’m organized, but it’s simply not true. I worked really hard and can sorta organize, therefore creating the illusion of organization.

The worst part about it is I am clueless. I know I need to file, but then I have to create a file folder, and then what? Should I put it in the blue folder? The red folder? Or, I’ll get a bit of a system going, and then, sub files throw me off. Or, what about those files could logically be filed in two different places? Then what? I’ll tell you then what, I turn on the coffee maker, grab another doughnut and work on the writing projects my boss gave me, like the revamping of our customer service approach. Lists need to be created, a power point presentation needs to be done, and then a report, recoding the process.

Well, my lunch break is over, gotta go for now. I work till six-thirty tonight.


** Image ID #921227 Unavailable **
"Invalid Item
"You Want to Write About WHAT?
ASIN: 188003235X
Amazon's Price: $ 16.44

ASIN: B0000521VS
Amazon's Price: $ 14.36


 Pets At Work  (E)
Would you bring your pet to work?
#882165 by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322617-Friday-Work--Surgery